Chapter 19(Vol. 3): Begin

"What?!"(Kenji)

"Yes you heard me right,"(Ozpin)

"But-but I'm injured! And anyways, I'm a solo team! I can't partake in tournaments!"(Kenji)

"Well, like I've said before, I can bend the rules. Plus You and I know that, you don't need two months to recover,"(Ozpin)

"You are one crazy man,"(Kenji)

"Heard it before,"(Ozpin)

"So, who am I up against?"(Kenji)

"You will be fighting against one of Atlas's best teams alone. It will be right after team RWBY's match."(Ozpin)

Dude...Uncool

"Aren't the people gonna question it? You know, a headmaster sending out an injured solo member us against 4 veterans?"(Kenji)

"Who said they were veterans? Besides, I believe that you can pull it off. You are one of Beacon's most talented students after all, especially with that wide range of abilities and weapons you have there,"(Ozpin)

"What about the General? Is he gonna be fine with it?"(Kenji)

"Fine with the battle?"(Ozpin)

"No, fine with the outcome..."(Kenji)

I smirked while Ozpin gave a small smile.

"I've known the general for a long time, I assure you, you have nothing to worry about."(Ozpin)

"Heh, yea real comforting."(Kenji)

Kenji turned around and walked towards the elevator.

"Atlas is getting rather...defensive, wouldn't you say?"(Kenji)

He clicked on the button and the door hissed open.

"We can't have everything go our way can we?"(Ozpin)

"I'm sure you will be able to handle it, Mr Goro."(Ozpin)

"I'll try my best old man,"(Kenji)

With that the doors shut as I was now being taken down to the ground level.
.
.
.
.
When I came back down, I immediately went for the dorms. It's been a while since I've seen team RWBY and the tournament starts in one day. Hope my skills haven't been getting rusty.

"You never get rusty master,"(System)

'Thanks for the encouragement,'(Kenji)

I approached the door and as I was about to turn the knob, I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey mum...I miss you. Er, haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool...I think being on a team with Yang helps, I keep her in line!...That was a joke, she's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she learns a lot from dad, well so are Weiss and Blake,"(Ruby)

I didn't want to eavesdrop but damn my curiosity!

"Oh oh, they're my teammates by the way! Together, we form team RWBY! And yes before you ask that does cause a lot of confusion. Everyone's really nice, the teachers, classmates and even the headmaster! We also stopped some bad guys too! Uhm, don't ask how hehe..."(Ruby)

"Anyways, I really miss you mum...I just don't want you to get hurt again like...like last time....when you came back through that door all bruised and injured, I-I just got so worri-...but what if-....Ok mum...I love you too mum."(Ruby)

"Oh and there's Kenji too!...Yea THAT Kenji! He's been a real great pal to have around. He really cares for all of us. Though a little too much maybe....recently he got, injured and well was hospitalised for quite a bit...he can't even partake in tournaments due his solo team status....dad's not around is he?...oh he just went off?...yea he dropped me off today for the tournament....Yes I know you were busy, don't worry about it mum! Back to Kenji...I'm really worried about him, his arm is recovering ever so slowly and he can't do fun stuff with us anymore and he has been stuck in that recovery room since the breach!"(Ruby)