I 46 I

'We need to figure out how to get my memories back.' Mari says, pacing back and forth. 'But first we should find out how it happened.' 

'Do you have any memories from before?' Tikki squeaks, settling down on Mari's desk beside me. I shake my head, slapping the desk with my hands. 

'I can't remember anything.' I cover my eyes. 'Nothing's coming back to me.' 

Mari sighs, placing an arm around my shoulder and sitting down on the floor beside me. She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. 

'We'll fix this Y/n. I promise we will.' Marinette taps her chin thoughtfully. 'What's the last thing you remember before waking up in my-er your bed.' 

'I was at Adrien's house,' I blink with certainty. 'Yeah....and he had just gone out to-uh.' Become Cat Noir and save Paris. There's no way I'm saying that-because I don't want to cause anymore trouble than I already have. 

'And....'

'Right so Adrien had just left, to do something,' I pause. 'Oh! Before that Mr. Agreste came in to make sure he was doing his piano practice. Adrien had to lie and say that I was helping him learn...' 

'What were you actually doing?' Marinette asks suspiciously, her eyes narrowing. Tikki flies into the side of her head. 

'Now is not the time Marinette!' 

I silently agree. 

'Anyways, was there anything out of the ordinary about your interactions with Mr. Agreste?' Marinette inquires thoughtfully. 

'Well, he did ask me if it was true I was-' I stop myself. 'That's it.' My mouth drops open. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. 'We've got to go see Mr. Agreste.' 

'Uh, I don't know about that.' Marinette looks hesitant. 'He's pretty hard to find, as he never leaves his house.' 

'This is important Mari,' I shake her. 'This could lead us to the final clue!' 

'Doesn't this seem familiar to you?' Tikki squeaks, resting on the table. 'Doesn't it remind you of when Nino and Alya were akumatized into Oblivio?' 

I nod, grasping the sides of my head as a searing pain enters my skull. I sit back down on the chair hard, trying not to cry out. 

'What's wrong?' Mari's at my side in an instant. 

'I think there's something blocking my memories,' I mutter. 'Something or someone doesn't want me to know the truth.' 

'Do you think Hawkmoth's doing this?' Marinette gasps. 

'I'm certain he's a part of it,' I sigh. 'But there's one thing I can't quite put my finger on. Alya and Nino turned into Oblivio together, and were able to erase memories, right? But what if Hawkmoth akumatized someone to do a similar thing, but instead was able to change reality?' 

'That makes sense,' Marinette raises her eyebrows. 'So Hawkmoth's akumatized victim was able to erase you from all of our minds. But, something must have gone wrong.' 

'Why do you say that?' I question. 

'Well, if Hawkmoth really did this, the purpose wouldn't have been to erase just you. He probably would've wanted to erase people's memories of Cat Noir and I as well. That way, he could get to our miraculous' without anyone getting in the way.' Marinette snaps her fingers. 'But  how did he do it without us knowing?' 

'That's the thing.' I mumble. 'I can't remember.'