avengers...

The three men continue to take their turns attacking Thanos, occasionally all charging him at once. I back up to avoid the heat and quickly turn on my comms. 

"Is everyone okay? Thanos is here. Where are you guys?" I shout into the comms 

I can hear broken sentences but nothing that could help me find them. 

"I can't make out what you guys are saying. If you're able-bodied, we need help at ground level," I shout before joining the fight

Thor channels a bolt of lightning using it to charge Tony's suit so Tony can hit Thanos as much energy as possible. In the blink of an eye, Tony is grabbed by Thanos and thrown across the field of ruins. Steve, Thor and I continue to hold him off as much as we can. It comes to a point where Steve and I are knocked down and Thor is holding him off as much as he can. Steve looks over at me with fear in his eyes. He is unsure of what to do. Steve stumbles as he stands up, he gains his balance and helps me up off the cold ground.

"Steve... what do we do?" I ask while looking at him in confusion 

"I have an idea, but I don't know if it will work," he replies 

"Do what you must, I'll go help Thor," I state while walking in Thor's direction

I don't hear Steve move or speak, as if he's just standing there waiting for something to happen. Before I can reach Thor I see Mjolnir swiftly fly by my head in Steve's direction. When I turn around to look at Steve, he is standing proudly with Mjolnir in one hand and his shield in the other. From behind me, I hear Thor chuckle.

"I knew it!" Thor exclaims 

Thanos harshly kicks Thor into the ground and approaches Steve. I quickly move out of the way, heading over to Thor's aid. I kneel down, helping him off the ground as he groans in pain.

"I knew he was worthy, I knew it," Thor mutters 

"Thor, can you still fight?" I ask in a panic 

"I'm afraid not, I need a minute, I can barely stand," he replies 

"Okay, stay here, I'm gonna help Steve," I smile before setting him on the ground 

I quickly run over to where Steve had just been thrown. He held off Thanos long enough but it just wasn't enough. When I make my way over to Steve, he's laid flat out on the ground, taking shallow breaths. The shield in his hand, now broken in half. 

"Steve? Steve, are you okay?" I panic 

"The shield... It's broken... and my arm... almost stabbed right through," Steve stumbles over his words 

"Steve, the shield doesn't make you the man that you are... you do. I know it all hurts right now, but we need to fight this. If you really can't continue this then I will stand up there on my own. We need to do this for them, for everyone we lost and for those we don't want to lose," I state 

He looks up at me in pain and shuts his eyes tightly. I nod to myself and stand up, overlooking all the ruins that once was our home. Thanos stands in front of me, he stands tall and proud with his weapon in hand. 

"You? That's it? I will never understand the bravery that you weak humans hold, though I do applaud it," Thanos chuckles 

From behind me, I hear Steve, groaning in pain. Before I can look back to check on him, he weakly walks up beside me, mimicking my stance. I look over at him and smile. He smiles back then looks back to Thanos. 

"In all my years of conquest... violence... slaughter... it was never personal. But I'll tell you now... what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet... I'm gonna enjoy it... very, very much," Thanos states 

Soon after, His army begins to becon down from his ship that sits above us. Hundreds upon hundreds of his followers filling the empty space behind him. His army and all his weapons begin to seem endless. I look over at Steve in worry, he returns the expression. Steve looks down at his bleeding arm and pulls the leather of his shield tighter around it, securing it closed. He grunts in pain at the tightness, then drops his hand back down to his side. There we stand, just him and I, unsure of what to do next. He places his hand on my shoulder and looks at me sternly, I shoot him a weak smile and he nods, I nod back and we finally both understand all we can possibly do. Fight. He and I, against the army of Thanos. Hundreds and hundreds of his followers verses Steve and I. Surely we won't last long, but we both would die trying. Steve and I walk side by side, ready to approach Thanos and his army. Just before the fight begins, static comes over the comms and a faint voice can be heard. 

"What is that?" I ask him 

"I'm not sure," he replies in confusion

"Cap... Cap? Cap, you read me?" Sam's voice becomes clear and fills the comms

My head snaps over, looking at Steve in complete shock. He looks around us, in hopes of seeing Sam but no one can be seen. Just before Steve can reply to Sam, he speaks again. 

"On your left," he states 

Steve and I look behind us only to see T'chala, Shuri and Okoye coming through a portal behind us. Steve lets out a relieved sigh as tears fill his eyes, I smile at Steve and place my hand on his shoulder.

"Steve..." I mutter 

"We actually did it," Steve sighs, ending in a smile 

Sam comes flying in from behind the three, landing in beside Okoye. As he flys out, more portals begin to open as our lost friends and family emerge from each portal. Hundreds and hundreds of Wakandans come pouring out from behind T'chala. He begins to lead them through a chant. 

"Holy shit..." I mutter

Steve looks over at me with tears in his eyes and smiles weakly again. As more and more people pour out of each portal, Thor and Tony stand up, in shock at what they're seeing. Once everyone is done emerging out of each portal. Scott, grown in size, emerges out of the building remains, delicately placing the people he saved down onto the ground. Thor and Tony quickly fly over, joining the fight. Steve turns back to face Thanos, with much more pride in his stance. 

"Avengers!..." he shouts, before finishing he looks over at me 

I smile and give him a simple nod before he looks back to Thanos and his army. 

"Assemble." 

With that, everyone charges towards Thanos and his army with a loud, pride-filled battle cry. Thanos raises his arm and points in our direction, and with that, his army charges forward. The air grows thick and the sounds of metal clashing together mixed with the sound of ammunition being shot from each party. Each person, fighting for something or someone, passion-filled in their stride.