Chapter eight

Xiao POV ( TW I guess 😀)

I was carefully wrapping my arms in bandages. Ganyu was coming over because she wanted to talk about something, so I needed to clean up. Yes, I had just gone through a depressive episode during the middle of the day. Hopefully this one wouldn't last for weeks. The whole week I had been trying to hide this phase from everyone. Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore which caused what had just happened. I was currently in front of my bathroom mirror bandaging my wounds. Suddenly the doorbell rings and I put the razor back in the cabinet. I walk out of the bathroom and go get a hoodie to put on. The walk to the front door seems longer, I dreaded every second of it.

I didn't want Ganyu to see what I had just done to myself. Nobody could see. Even though I desperately wanted someone to say those 3 important words "Are you okay?". But that's never going to happen. I slowly opened the door to see Ganyu with a determined face. She pushed past me which was unexpected because Ganyu was pretty timid. "What is it that you want?" I asked angrily before closing the door. All she did was walk to the living room. It was currently 6:05 in the evening. "I need to ask you something Xiao." Ganyu said softly as she sat down on the couch. This was unexpected but I decided to listen to what she has to say. "Go on." I say to her.

She suddenly became flustered. She seems nervous? For what reason would you be nervous to talk to me? "Well If i'm intruding into your personal life, you can tell me and I'll stop.."Ganyu said before trailing off. She was clearly nervous and if I didn't comfort her she'd probably have a breakdown right there. I sighed and sat down next to her "It's okay Ganyu just spit it out." I said a little too harshly. "Well . . . Why don't you push Venti away" Ganyu said observing me to see my reaction. It was true why didn't I push him away? The only one I let help me is Zhongli. And I vowed to myself that no one else would come into my world. So why did I still stay close with Venti? I saw Ganyu's eyes trail to my body as if she were looking for something. Ignoring what she was doing I went back to my thoughts.

I definitely didn't hate Venti even though he was annoying as hell. But for some reason I didn't want him to leave. Like I said when you find someone that is worth keeping, what do they do? They leave you and never come back. It doesn't matter anyways the person and yourself soon will die one day and no one will give a damn about your struggles. So why does it matter? But for some reason I wanted to stay and see what Venti has in store for me. He seemed different from everyone else. "I actually don't know. . . He seems different" I say in a whisper to Ganyu. I saw Ganyu staring at my sleeves. "Um are you okay?" I asked, confused as to why she looked lost. Suddenly she grabbed my arms.

I flinched since the cuts were still fresh. She lifted up the sleeves with no hesitation. Suddenly I realized why she had been acting strange. I quickly tried to pull away from her grasp but I was too late. The bandages were now out in the open. Everything that I had tried hiding was out in the open. We didn't say anything when Ganyu suddenly let go of my arms and stood up. She turned away and didn't meet my gaze "I'm calling Zhongli" She said softly before taking out her phone. How did Ganyu find out? Why does she know so much about me. How come she realized that I was self harming?

She put her phone back in her pocket.Snapping me out of my thoughts. Ganyu slowly turned around and sat next to me. She grabbed my arms again "You're fine Xiao. Don't feel bad we're here" She said softly smiling up at me. I stared back at her shocked. Why would she care for me? Everyone is cruel no one cares for anyone but themselves. So why would Ganyu care for me? "Why?" I asked her. It took her a second to think about her answer. "Well you're family and my friend as well. I don't want anything to happen to my family" Ganyu said with a sad smile. When Ganyu was only 5 years old both of her parents passed away in a car accident. She had no siblings to take care of her. My mom's sister couldn't get pregnant and have children of her own. Then my mother said to her