fifty-seven

Third Person Point of View

Ryan, Cyrus, Jesse, Karma, Justine, and Paola were all sitting in the living area of the boy's home when Ryan and Cyrus had finally broken the news to both Paola and Justine about what they do.

To say that Ryan and Cyrus were terrified would be an understatement. They had been worried the moment that Paola and Justine had walked through the front doors.

Everyone was nervous for different reasons.

Karma was worried that for some reason Paola and Justine would be upset that Karma had known about this all along and hadn't told them.

Paola was convinced that Ryan was probably trying to break up with her.

Justine thought that Cyrus was actually going to try and make things official and that he had seen through her facade of pretending to not care for him, even though she cares about her more than she leads on.

Jesse didn't give a damn.

About any of it.

He couldn't wait for it to end because he didn't want to be around when the tears broke out.

And there were definitely going to be tears.

The only thing keeping him in the room with the rest of them was Karma's presence as he was scared to leave her alone after the way she cried hysterically at the hospital.

Do I have to get a bullet lodged somewhere in my body too before you take me seriously?

He never wanted that kind of thought to cross her mind again.

He already knew who was behind both attacks and he was already thinking of ways to get his Godfather to calm down because there was no doubt in his mind that Karma was next.

If not Karma, then it was surely Jesse himself.

If his Godfather wasn't mad at Jesse before, he was surely pissed that Jesse had taken his son out for the day.

His Godbrother. A Godbrother that he didn't even know he had.

The similarities between the two were there before but now they were just obvious.

There were so many things that Jesse had to wrap his head around and all he could do was hope that today went smoothly.

He would never admit it, but he wanted Cyrus and Ryan to find the same kind of happiness that he has with Karma in their relationship.

---------------------------------

Thirty Minutes Later

"Ha!" Paola says as she laughs hysterically clutching her stomach as she sits in between Karma and Justine. Justine had just been sitting there with her eyebrow raised while Karma had been looking at Paola with wide eyes because this is the fourth time Paola has just broken down into sheer laughter at this new revelation.

"So let me make sure I heard everything correctly." Paola clears her throat and continues, "You three." she points at Jesse, Ryan, and Cyrus, "Are legitimate gang members. Jesse runs the whole thing now that his dad passed away, sorry by the way." she looks at Jesse quickly

"And all of the bad luck that has entered our lives is because you people pissed off someone and now they're mad at us?" Paola asks again

The three of them look at each other, sharing glances wondering who's going to speak first as Jesse's face twists into a scowl irritated that Cyrus and Ryan wanted to confess to their significant others but they were still looking at Jesse to break the news