𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧

☔︎︎

𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

"Hell no," I shook my head denying Destiny's idea.

"Why nott? I promise you it's not gonna look 'girly'." She continued to explain but I only shook my head some more " Y'all make me sick."

I looked around my new apartment and leaned into the island looking up at the chandelier she recommended to change "Des' why the fuck would I put diamonded chandelier up there? I like this one." My eyes fell back down to her.

She pulled her pants up over her thick hips before glancing up at the chandelier herself "This one's nice. It was just a suggestion you don't have to change it." Her shoulders fell and up down.

"I know. I don't really plan on it."

"I like this apartment. It's perfect for you, not too big and not too small." Destiny nodded as she walked around the studio. She walked through the living room towards the stairs and peered up at them. "Oh okay, I see, I see, the area up there is your room."

"Yea."

"Yea, you made the right decision."

"I know," I replied while pulling my phone out to check it. It got quiet so I looked up to her staring at me with an irradiated look on her face. "What?"

"You didn't have to say that."

"Sorry, thank you." I apologized to avoid hearing her mouth.

"Mhm. So have you gone furniture shopping?" She asked me, crossing her arms over together.

I sighed while sitting my phone down on the counter "Say that again." I said hoping she would repeat it with no problem.

I watched as her face slightly screwed up. She pulled her cropped wife beater down a little then said "What is with you today?"

"That's what you asked me? I'm cool, why you say that?"

"No, that's not what I asked at first but, you've been having an attitude since you picked me up...which is weird since you asked me if I wanted to see your apartment. I'll leave, if that's what you want." She reached into her tote, I'm guessing to grab her phone.

"Nah, nah you good. It's just a lot on my mind right now, truthfully. You know how I can get if..I'm not straight mentally."

"Yea, I do. You get irritated fast, which is why I'll go if you're getting irritated with me. " Destiny spoke bluntly while still swiping through her phone, her nails tapped the screen with everything she did letting me know just how fast she was moving.

"You don't have to go Dessy."

She looked at me while walking a little closer towards me. "You know I'm here to listen, if you wanted to talk about how you're feeling. I'm always willing to listen and give you advice." Her voice was filled with passion and sounded truly sincere, which I knew she was.

"I know. Thank you."

"You want to talk about it?" Her eyebrows lifted.

"Uhh, sure." I paused deciding on how to word how I felt "I feel like my life is moving so fucking fast that I can barely keep up. I feel like I wanna pause for a second, but I can't. I wanna be still for a second but I can't. So much falls on me and it gets stressful."