53 | The divide

"Hey.. You going?"

"Y/N?"

When the girl doesn't move an inch from her spot, that's when both boys knew there was something wrong. Letting go of her hand, Fushiguro makes the girl look at him, hia hands on her shoulder.

"Is there something wrong?"

"I wanna.." she murmurs softly.

"Speak up, Y/N." Fushiguro calmly says, trying his best to be patient with her. Ino's still unconcious!

".. Go with Itadori."

'Huh?' the pink haired boy sweatdrops.

"N-No need! I can handle myself very well, hehe.." he tries reassuring the girl.

Fushiguro's silent. Though it wasn't a good idea to let her tag along, Itadori might appreciate the help and her assistance. However.. That leaves him worrying for her well-being. But..

She isn't weak. Not anymore.

This person in front of him used to be so clueless about the world and stuff related to jujutsu. Y/N knew nothing when she went on her first mission since everything  happened so quickly for her.Though now she has changed, the boy has nothing to worry about now.

Fushiguro would be lying if he said that her quick development isn't impressive. It went from how the only thing she knew was consuming curses to learning how to use a technique and even wielding a weapon!

She's strong and capable, and Fushiguro knew that.. But what's bothering him is how he doesn't want her to go.

"Fine.." he hesitantly agrees, making the corner of the girls lips tug into a smile.

"You better be able to contain your hunger." Fushiguro says before following itnup with a threat, "I'll hit you."

"I will!"

Itadori's eyes sparkled, "A-Are you sure, Y/N?! You're leaving Fushiguro for me?!"

The girl giggles at the question, deciding not to answer. She then turns to Itadori.

"Ready?" she ask, a determined grin on her face. The pink haired boy could only nod, quite excited to team up with her again.

"Itadori." Fushiguro calls, a dark aura suddenly surrounding him, "Look after each other. I swear.."

"Okay! Okay! We will!" Itadori chuckles.

'Do it.'

A slightly nervous Y/N turns to the worried Fushiguro. With no words said, she drops her cursed tool before grabbing the collar of his uniform.

Her hands are shaking, yet it wasn't noticeable. Here goes nothing.

"huh―"

She inhales sharply, mustering all the courage and confidence that she has now.

'Move, damn it!'

She pulls Fushiguro to her height before placing a kiss on the corner of his lips.

It may have lasted only a few seconds, but it's enough to catch Fushiguro by surprise— his cheeks a light shade of red and his expression turning to a more confused one. Even Itadori, who was watching, had his mouth hung agape.

"We'll be fine." a flustered Y/N lets go of his uniform, only for her to grab his hand. It seemed she has gotten a bit shy.

How romantic.. Right in front of Ino's body.

To give them a little bit of privacy, Itadori awkwardly turns away with a blush. He is so going to tell this to kugisaki once they meet up with her.

Fushiguro's cheeks has an obvious red hue on them and even the tip of his ears are heating up. This is definitely unexpected..

'Crap. You're just making it harder to let you go..!' He thought, feeling a familiar warmth in his chest the longer he maintained eye contact with her.

"You two idiots better be fine.." he mutters, lightly squeezing her hand before turning his head away.

Y/N smiles, a blush on her cheeks. She is glad she gets to do this before they part ways.

'I keep liking you more as the days passes by, megumi.' she thought, eyes softening as she continued to stare at him.

He may have looked away, but Y/N hasn't.

'Please be safe..'

The girl felt butterflies swarming inside her stomach. For now, she didn't care if she's being too obvious— it was better now than after this incident is finished. Who knows what would happen to them by then.

"Take care of Ino-san for us, 'kay?" she says, grinning.

As Fushiguro nods, Y/N pulls him into a hug before letting go seconds later. She then picks up her cursed tool before turning to the pink haired boy who'a patiently waiting.

Fushiguro was left with an empty feeling in both of his arms. His heart is thumping loudly againts his chest while a blush still remains on his cheeks.

He didn't know what to feel— besides from rarely receiving a kiss and feeling so close to someone, Fushiguro currently has mixed feelings.

Though he did know one thing.

'This girl..'

"let's go, Itadori!"

"Finally..!"

'.. Better be alright.'