Chapter 22: Confrontation

Your POV

" Zhongli, (y/n), welcome back. " Diluc coldly greeted us and crossed his arms when his eyes laid on me.

' He doesn't look so happy, well... he always pulls that kind of look, but this one is different. I can tell. ' I thought to myself.

" Master Diluc, the rooms are ready. " Adelinde told him, he nodded at Adelinde and thanked her.

" Ah, let me bring this to your room, Lady (y/n). " Adelinde said and took the bags I was carrying.

" These are also hers. " Zhongli told Adelinde, Moco and Hillie immediately took the bags that Zhongli was carrying.

" Thank you... And please be careful they're a little heavy. " Zhongli told them.

" Damn they're heavy. " Moco said. " I know. " Hillie responded. They left the hall and went upstairs while carrying the bag of clothes that Zhongli— I mean Childe had brought me.

" I made little changes while you two were away, care to follow me? " Diluc said, Zhongli and I looked at each other and nodded.

We followed Diluc to the hallway and he paused when we reach the room, everything inside the room changed, the pillows, the bedsheets, the wall, everything.

" You'll be staying here, Zhongli. " Diluc told him, my eyes widened.

" Of course, thank you, Diluc. " Zhongli told him. Diluc then looked at me.

" Follow me. " Diluc said and started walking, I looked at Zhongli and he nodded. I went to catch up with Diluc until we reached a room where Moco and Hillie just got out from.

" All of your belongings are all inside, milady. " Adelinde said, I nodded and thanked her, then they all left, leaving me and Diluc alone.

I went inside the room and started to roam the entire area, " This is the room next to your room, right? So this must be Kaeya's old room? " I asked Diluc, he nodded closing the door and leaned on it.

" Look at the flowers at the bedside table, Moco and Hillie placed them in a vase. Jean brought those with her this morning, she was planning on giving it to you, but I told her you went to Liyue to buy some dresses. But we'll be meeting her again later this evening, together with the traveler. " Diluc said while walking his way to the bed and sat on it.

I glanced at the flowers that Jean gave, it was assorted, some Windwheel Asters, Dandelions, Grass Lamps, and Cecillias. " They're beautiful... " I told Diluc, until my eyes passed by a piece of cloth on top of the table, that was beside the vase. My eyes widened, I then remembered what Zhongli did.

" I guess you've seen it. Care to explain what happened with it? " Diluc asked me and suddenly rested his chin on my shoulder. He then took a deep breath and groaned.

" His scent is still all over you. " He whispered, I tried acting normal by chuckling at him.

" What, Diluc? You're turning into a wolf now? " I told him tilting my head to look at him. " Maybe you should go to Wolvendom and introduce yourself to the Wolf of the North as a new member of their pack. " I teased, he then smirked and chuckled at me.

" Answer my question, my dearest (y/n). " He demanded, I then laughed at him.

" You know my dresses are made of fine silk to make it dustproof, and since the fibers are so thin, it is easily tearable. " I told him with a smile.

" Enemies can't touch you because of your dust protecting you, so how did a part of your dress got torn? " Diluc asked and I laughed at him again.

" Well, you could rest your chin on top of my shoulder, my dearest Diluc. " I reminded him, he then groaned and removed his chin on my shoulder, I turned around to face him and smiled at him. We both stared at each other, I then sighed and gave up. 

" Tee-hee. I was drunk last night, I probably got into an accident without noticing. " I told Diluc and scratched the back of my head.

" And where would that accident be? " Diluc asked suspiciously.

" I remembered heading downstairs last night it was pretty dark since the only light source was the fireplace, so my dress got torn. " I explained to him.

" And why haven't I heard any noise then? " He asked me.

" Uhh... Maybe it's because you and Zhongli are too busy talking about me! " I said and his eyes widened and his mouth slightly opened. I then remembered everything they talked about, I looked at him with my eyes widened as well. We immediately looked away from each other.

" I-I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to... eavesdrop or anything... I just— "

" Y-you heard everything? " Diluc asked me.

' It's working, I finally changed the subject. ' I thought.

I looked at him and slightly nodded. He blushed and turned around to look away at me, " Forget it. You already know it anyway, what's the point of hiding it. " He said and started walking out of the room. My eyes widened, I never actually knew he liked me.

The moment he opened the door we immediately saw Zhongli, Diluc just groaned and walked past him, ignoring him. Zhongli went inside the room and in front of me.

" Wanna go get some refreshments? Venti's waiting outside. " Zhongli said with a chuckle.

Diluc's POV

I was inside my room, lying on my bed, trying my best to forget everything that happened until I heard a knock on my door. " Diluc? " I heard (y/n)'s voice and the door creaked open.

" Uhm... Zhongli and I are going to Mondstadt together with Venti, wanna join us? " She asked, I slowly turned around to face her.

" It's fine. Just go, let's just meet at the tavern afterward. " I coldly answered.

" Okay, see you later then. " She said and slowly closed the door behind her and left.

" I'm not yet willing to let you go... " I muttered to myself and stood up to look at the window. I saw Venti picking some grapes at the vineyard, he then waved his hand when he saw Zhongli and (y/n).

' But seeing you willingly choose him instead of me, maybe it's time... ' I thought as I saw Zhongli wrapped his arm around (y/n)'s waist.