escape part one

What, did she expect a gift, it wasn't a holiday or our birthday. 

"well I'm waiting, you don't want me to call dad, do you?" 

I franticly shook my head and reached under my bed to take out the only left piece of candy I had saved from Halloween. The rest of my candy was given to Hope, even though she had already gotten way more candy than anybody would ever need in a lifetime. The king-sized snickers in my hand was the only proof that I had trick or treated at all. Slowly I raised the chocolate to Hope and she snacked it out of my hand. Looking down at where the chocolate was, I felt empty inside, I'm only four but this has been happening forever. When I was still a baby, some witches had proclaimed me as human, and ever since then, my family has looked at me as lesser. They always gave Hope thousands of presents on her birthday and taught her all about the magical world. All I got was a small book that Hope was throwing out, it had the bare minimum of information about vampires and werewolves. I also found a book full of spells that I couldn't use but liked to learn anyways. 

My room was smaller than a bathroom and barely fit my bed and dresser, the two books I had were hidden behind the two outfits I had. My family never really bothered in giving me a nice room, unsurprisingly I was used to this. 

incase you were wondering this is what her room looks like:

but there is no rug, plant, or desk. also make the theme whatever you want. 

I was pulled out of my sorrows by Hope slamming my door while walking out. I inhaled sharply knowing what was coming next. The angry footsteps I could hear coming down the hallway confirmed my worries. I slowly stepped back waiting for whatever happened next. I slightly flinched when the door swung open, hitting my bed frame and revealing my very angry dad.

"HOW DARE YOU SLAM YOUR DOOR, WHILE YOU ARE UNDER MY ROOF YOU WILL LIVE BY MY RULES AND THAT MEANS NO SLAMMING DOORS. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE DISCOURTEOUS, YOU CAN MOVE TO THE STREETS. " He spat in my face as I shrunk into the corner hoping he would just go away.

"it wasn't me, I swear. it was Hope" as soon as I said that I knew I had messed up.

"HOPE WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING, SHE IS A SWEET YOUNG GIRL, YOU CAN'T BLAME HER FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO. YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY AND YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BORN."

Well, the young girl part was true but she was anything but sweet. Also ouch the disgrace thing hurt, but come up with something more original. Just because you are an original doesn't mean you can steal lines from every abusive family ever... 

That is what I would have said if saying that wouldn't have gotten me killed.

With this, he stomped out of my room and locked the door. This wasn't unusual for him to do when he got mad, the last time he had forgotten to unlock the door and left me in there for a week straight. The only way survived is because I would slip out of the small window. Being four and fully taking care of yourself was one thing, but constantly going through both mental and physical abuse was truly draining on my mental health. Just thinking about it made my hand move to my heart were just a week ago my dad threatened to rip it out because Hope blamed me for knocking over a vase that she had knocked over. This had happened many other times, mostly because of Hope blaming me for things that I had nothing to do with.