Chapter 64

Treasure

It was Saturday and just a few days ago I was sulking and now, I'm doused in nervousness. It hasn't been easy for me to meet the person who I once loved, someone who I fought for and did wicked things.

Although I have only hurt Juan's feelings and soon gave up after seeing their child, it still left a bitter taste on my lips. It was after all my first proper love and it was taken away by me by my sister whom I was not close to in the past.

"Are you ready to meet your father JuJu?" Funnily enough, Xiao Ruo also asked me that question which I positively assented.

"I am!" My voice evident of my eagerness as I look at Juan with a wide grin on my face while she fondly caressed my head.

Soon, we hear the knocks from outside and knew who it was. Juan told me to stay seating while she goes to open the door.

It was just a minute after she left when I hear an exclamation of pain from her and run to the door.

That's when I saw him.

She still remembers the look of loss in his eyes when he finds Juan and their child in a car accident. The years that followed hollowed at his soul and lead him to the darkness until he willingly submitted his life for a moment of peace.

Now, his eyes were gleaming in life, his lips devoid of their usual coldness and his aura much brighter than his previous day.

"Daddy?" I said out loud, a tear fell on his eyes and for that moment, I was glad to see his eyes on me without the usual glint of disgust.

You can say that I am taking advantage of my new identity but seeing him smile and cry for me with that look of love, I felt that my previous grievances were gone.

No matter, the past is already gone, the previous hate and love are lost by the ocean of memories and the fading of time.

...

I'm saying this for the hundredth time, I do not like this new identity of mine, ever.

Just looking at this foolish man who continues to play with me with dolls and even dressed in a pink rosette crown makes me curl my lips in a sneer.

"My treasure, oh my cure little princess, smile! That's right my baby princess, smile! Oh! My baby is just too cute, oh!" Now I'm wondering why the hell did I even fall for this guy.

But then again, my new identity is his daughter and not as a vicious woman trying to set Juan and him apart so there's a disparity in his behavior.

If he was cold as an iceberg and looks mature and handsome in his suit, now, I beg to differ.

He now looks like one of those fathers who's a slave to their daughter, just seeing him spit out several endearments for me makes me want to vomit in disgust. He's even cheesier than those couples acting lovey dovey to each other.

"Of course my JuJu is cute! She got it from me!" Juan on the other hand retorted they were like kids fighting for their mother's attention which leads me to get a headache.

I really don't know what happened to the two adults who are supposed to be my parents.

"Mommy! Daddy! No more pictures!" I protested to them, I feel like my lips are gonna fall out from too much smiling.

"Aw! I haven't taken a lot though" Ju Yi said, he was like a dog who was told off by his owner.

"But you never take pictures often" now I'm beginning to think they're like dogs sulking in front of their owners.

"Okay" I can only sacrifice myself and let them dress me up, play with me and take a gazillion of pictures for me.

Ugh.

And the day ended up with pink, baked sweets, and a lot of questions regarding myself as well as numerous amounts gifts that he and Juan fought for. Turns out they enjoyed the day a lot more than me.

***
Chapter 64 is up!

Well, the difference is big! How do you like his new character?

Anyway, stay safe and healthy! Have a great day everyone!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!