7 | Joie

My uptown office was fun and whimsical

My uptown office was fun and whimsical. There was a turquoise desk with two violet side chairs, patterned accent walls, white chandelier, and contemporary decor. I held the phone on my ear, chatting with the counselor at a juvenile detention center my nonprofit organization, Joie n Change, patterned with so when they get out I house the troubled teens in several houses that I have renovated all over Dallas.

They are practically halfway houses for young girls.

A soft knock averted my attention in the direction to Andi, approaching in a black, crepe button wrapped midi dress and her hair sleeked back in a low ponytail. She carried a brown paper bag with black lettering on it, and a cupholder.

I put my finger up to let her know I would be off the phone soon. "Okay, and she gets out when?"

"Tomorrow afternoon."

"Okay, I'll email you the information she'll stay. All right. Bye." I hang the phone up on its receiver and placed my attention in Andi. "Aww, you brought me lunch."

"Yes, I did." Andi said, "I got us some salads from Snappy's."

"My savior." I groaned softly, as she placed my favorite salad in front of me—Cobb salad. "I was sitting here starving honestly."

Andi chuckled. "What would you do without me?"

"Definitely starve." We chuckle together.

"Honey, let's talk about these right here." Andi pointed at the large and round white marble box of mint colored roses sitting on the corner of my desk. She smiled at me. "Who sent these?"

I ate on my salad. "Girl, Jaceon."

Andi's brows raised shockingly. "Whhat? The playboy Jaceon is sending out flowers and being sentimental? He really likes you."

"He can send as many flowers and gifts as he wants to. But we only in each other's lives to fuck. Not settle down."

Andi ate on her Greek Falafel salad. "You are so freaking hard. Shit, teach me."

"I came a long way, trust me."

"You talk to Jade today?" She asked, "She's back in town. I tried to call her earlier. No answer."

"You surprised?" I chuckle, "I'm pretty sure Pimp Daddy Cairo got her phone on him."