Chapter 8 (I hate you)

I made her sit across me on the couch. She seemed terrified. It will be an agonizing experience if I marked her without her permission and I didn't wanna hurt my precious mate. My wolf wasn't happy either to see her like that. I took the control back, I needed her consent first. I put my palm on her hand to calm myself down. She flinched but didn't dare remove her hand. Even this minor skin contact felt really soothing. My anger thawed immediately.

"I'm a werewolf." I waited for a response, none came.

"And you are my mate." She finally lifted her head to look me in the eyes. They were clueless. So I explained everything that she needed to know about werewolves.

A plethora of expressions came and disappeared on her face.

"You got any questions, my love?" I didn't know if she could digest so much information at once, so I asked her.

"I.... I don't know. This is just really..... overwhelming....for me."

"Don't worry honey, you will get a hang of it as time passes." I stroked her cheek softly. A sudden gush of shyness prevented her to hold her gaze anymore. I was amused to see her like that.

"So that wolf was your pet?" She asked after a brief pause and I burst into a sudden fit of laughter at her gullibility. Oh my sweet mate, she was so naive.

Hearing it after years, my laugh really felt a little strange to me.

"Wanna see him?" She was stunned and shook her head immediately.
I stood up, took a few steps back and shifted into my wolf.

                **************

The initial shock and fear dissipated when he was back to his morning self again. It was anomalous, it was new, it wasn't normal. He told me things, some of which I had already read in that book. But I was still confused.

He looked like a human to me, just that he was more muscular and taller than an average human. And he could change his eye color and elongate his canines, which was terrifying but fascinating. So did they keep wolves as pets? I was confused so I asked him.
And he burst into laughter. It felt like a sweet hymn from the heavens. He regained his composure and asked me if I wanted to see his wolf. I was dumbfounded. Was he gonna let a beast inside his house? And before I could register my protest, I heard cracking of bones and right there infront of me a six feet tall man turned into a mesmerizing black wolf. I was taken aback for a while. He slowly came forward and started licking my face. He was friendly.

"Good boy." I gently stroked his fur. It was really soft and shiny. It felt strange but good. He let out a satisfied growl.

And just like that he turned into a human again. Fuck he was naked. He had an athletic build and I couldn't keep my eyes off those damn abs. And then I unconsciously saw what I wasn't supposed to see. So everything was big in case of werewolves, I thought to myself.

My cheeks flushed and I shifted my gaze downwards to my hands that were in my lap.

"Yeah.... precisely everything." He said sitting next to me. What the actual ....
Is he able to read my mind or what.
"Luckily, you are my mate so yes I can read your mind." I looked at him startled. He was considerate enough to keep a pillow on his lap.

"You should get used to this sight. That's how we roll." He said gleefully.

"So you can read all of my thoughts." I asked in a slow voice.

"Yes! But there's a way you can block it. I can teach you if you want."
"How?" I asked eagerly because I didn't want him to read my dirty thoughts.

"But I love reading your dirty thoughts." He said with a playful smirk.

Fuckkkk!!!!

"Please teach me how to do it." I pleaded. And he told me. I immediately put the block on. But why can't I read his mind if, as he claimed, I am his mate. So I asked him.

"Well you will be able to mind link me and read my thoughts when I mark you." And then he explained how marking works. It was terrifying, I shuddered at the thought. Well, no thanks, I'm good.

"When can I go home?" He stiffened up and locked his jaw at this question.

"This is your home and I am your family now. You ain't going nowhere." His tone was authoritative, the playful gleam was missing.

"But..... I want to go home.....my sister ....she is waiting for me." I said meekly. I was avoiding eye contact with him. He slowly lifted my chin to face him.

"I don't want to be rough on you kitten..... Or do you like it rough?" He asked in a seductive voice. Specks of gold flickered in his eyes.
It was too much for me. Blood rushed down to my cheeks and warmed them up.

"Why don't you go freshen up (I really wanted to say dress up) and I'll dish out the pasta I made in lunch for you." I really wanted an escape from this situation.

"You are already behaving like a wife."

I heard him in the background. I couldn't help but smile.

                  **************

To be back from work to some homemade pasta by your soul-mate, can life get any better? It can not, but it can certainly get worse.
It was around midnight. My mate had gone to sleep in her room when I heard the phone ring. I picked it up on third bell.

"Hello?"

"Thank God. Why was no one picking up the phone. I have been trying to dial this number since afternoon." The girl on the other side squealed.

"Calm down lady, mind introducing yourself." I asked politely.

"I'm Layla. My sister Stella must be at your house. May I please know who am I talking to?" And this was enough to irritate me. Why do they keep contacting my mate.

"You are talking to Alpha of North star pack." I clenched my jaw.

"Seriously?" I heard her chuckle.

"I would really appreciate some humane description." She added further.

"What business do you have calling here?" I asked roughly. My demeanour changed at this outright disrespect.

"I would like to talk to my sister and when is she coming home."

"Listen you odious creature, your sister is my mate. You won't talk to her or see her ever again."  I bellowed. Stella had come downstairs too. She was visibly shaking.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Layla started cursing me. "Where is Stella you bastard."
My temper shot up to the the sky.

"I dare you to say this on my face. I assure you, you won't be alive to complete your sentence." I said stone cold.

"You moron I'm not the one to get scared of these empty threats. Give me your address and we shall see who kills whom."

"Sure if you are that eager to die." I dictated her my address. "I'll make sure you are a dead girl before you cast a foot on my territory."

Stella tried to grab the phone, she was sobbing and screaming her sister's name. But I wasn't done yet.

"You ungrateful bitch, I let you go alive out of territory once. I'll make sure I undo my mistake."

"Where is my fucking sister. I swear if you hurt her I'll rip you apart."

"Layla please ....No.... Don't come here." Stella managed to say that much before I thrust the handset back on telephone.

She was still shaking with tears rolling down her cheeks. I pulled her in for an embrace.

"Calm down kitten." I could feel her heart pounding against my chest. "Nobody can dare take you away from me."
She pushed my chest away, receded and looked at me with wounded eyes.
"You are a beast I fucking hate you." She stormed off after yelling the most hurtful sentence.

                **************