Chapter 134 - Emma

"Dude! Remember that time you poured pink dye in my shampoo. I had to go to Father's charity event looking like a fucking flamingo," Mateo said to Callan when we'd all finished up eating.

"That was after you'd spiked my water with a laxative before my class. I had a test that day!"

"No, he didn't!" I laughed, picturing myself a younger Callan trying to focus for a test, all the while having some...eh...stomach issues.

They'd talked about several of the pranks they'd done on each other throughout breakfast, and I was here for it.

"Oh, he sure did." Callan nodded, looking pissed. His expression made me laugh harder; tears were spilling down my face. Soon, the laughter turned to sobs, which in turn made the whole kitchen silent except for my ugly ass crying sounds.

"Baby girl, are you okay?" Gideon whispered. I couldn't see anything through the tears, but I knew they were all watching me. "Hi, talk to me," he said gently, cupping my cheek oh so sweetly; it only made me cry even more.

"I don't know why I'm crying." I tried to force out a laugh, but it came out shaky.

Gideon turned me to face him and dried my tears with his fingers. "It's probably sub-drop. You went through a lot yesterday."

"B-but why am I g-getting it now?" I hiccupped. He was right, though. I'd experienced sub-drop once before, and this was precisely what it had felt like. My emotions were all over the place like it usually was when I had my periods. My hormones were typically super unstable that time of the month, which wouldn't happen for several days still.

"Sub-drop doesn't always happen right after a scene. It can happen a few days after even," Mateo explained to me from the other side of the table.

"I'm going to pick you up now, okay?" Gideon informed me, and I nodded as another sob escaped me. His hands went under my armpits, and he lifted me up. I wound my arms around his neck and my legs around his hips. He held me close and stroked my back in a calming manner.

"Come on, guys. Let's go to the living room," Gideon said to the others. I held on to him like a freaking monkey, grateful for the intimacy he offered.

We ended up watching the rest of The Witcher and had a relaxing time together. Mateo had caught up to where we had ended the series last time so he could watch the rest with us. It was cozy, being with them all like this, not really doing anything special, just enjoying each other's company.

It wasn't until the afternoon that they finally agreed that I was okay enough to go home. By then, I'd already felt great for several hours. Still, they wanted to be completely sure, and apparently they didn't trust my own judgment.

Callan drove me home, having some business he had to attend to in the city. It was hard for me to leave them this time; I hadn't wanted to go home yet. I had to, though. I was starting school tomorrow and needed time to prepare.

Not wanting to leave and knowing now that I had feelings for them only proved to me that we needed to talk. I wasn't ready to become a slave, and I didn't know if I ever would be, but I also didn't want this arrangement to end either. For my own sanity, we had to talk about it. I needed to know where their head was at and what they felt about it all. It would hurt if they were still searching for a slave, but it was still something I had to know. I was already in deep with them, but maybe I could avoid even more pain to find out now rather than later if that was the case.

After I'd packed my bag ready with all my school supplies for tomorrow, I called Kevin.

"Hi—achoo—girly!" Kevin sneezed as he answered.