Pt 3 Chapter 4 - The beginning of a war

Y/n's POV

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome." Rhodey reported over Comms. We watched as another four or five ships crashed in the forests outside of the dome. They hit the floor with explosions as they landed. It sent waves of dust towards the barrier, hitting it and causing the areas to glow blue. Steve and T'Challa exchanged glances as we watched from the lab.

"It's too late," Vision said with a struggle as he sat up from the table. "We need to destroy the stone now."

"Vision, get your ass back on the table." Nat turned quickly.

"We will hold them off." T'Challa began to leave with his armed people.

"Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head... you blow it to hell." Steve told her.

"I will." She replied. I gave her one final smile before jogging out of the room behind the others.

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defences. And get this man a shield." T'Challa ordered. Steve nodded a little at T'Challa, probably to say thank you or to agree. I gave them a final look before sprinting down the stairs to catch up to Natasha. We regrouped at the ships and boarded them. They flew us to the border, where the enemy ships had landed. I looked around to see a giant gold and red machine stumbling along the land. It was Bruce in a giant suit, clearly making up for his inability to transform into the Hulk. "How we looking, Bruce?" Nat asked him over comms.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it." He reported. And with that he engaged the thrusters and flew a little unbalanced over our heads. "Wow! This is amazing man! It's like being the Hulk without actually-" His sentence was cut short as he fell over a bolder and fell to the floor with a grunt. "I'm okay. I'm okay." He sighed, picking himself up from the dirt.

"I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line." Rhodes reported as he flew ahead of us in his suit. As soon as the ships were low enough to the floor the hovered for a moment and everyone leapt off. The soldiers from Wakanda lined up in their formations, prepared for the fight. There were groups of them chanting something I didn't understand and others saying something in another language. I walked besides Nat to join my friends at the front and center of all the groups.

"Thank you for standing with us." T'Challa shook the hand of a tall man in armour, he was leading the group of chanting men.

"Be careful." I whispered to Nat as she, Steve and T'Challa moved forwards to talk to the aliens approaching the dome. I recognised one of them as the one we fought in Scotland. She drew out a sword and began to try and cut through the barrier. When they stood face to face, the two sides began talking however they were too far away for me to hear. The alien woman raised her arm and part of the ships began to lift. Steve, Nat and T'Challa came sprinting back to us.

"They surrender?" Bucky asked.

"Not exactly." Steve admitted. Bodies began to pour from the ships and head swiftly towards the border. T'Challa began chanting something and the men and woman chanted back as they hit their spears on the ground. The aliens broke through the trees and I realised they were running on all fours. There were thousands of them. "Holy mother of-" I began but Sam finished my sentence as he landed beside me. "God..."

"What the hell?" Bucky groaned.

"Looks like we pissed her off." Nat stated.

"You don't say!" I joked. The alien things ran at the border, hitting it and mostly bouncing off. They tried to push through which mostly resulted in their arms coming through and being cut off.

"They're killing themselves." Okoye said. Eventually a couple of them managed to break through because of the amount of bodies weakening the border. They had multiple limbs and weird heads. The creatures charged at us and the Wakandans engaged some fancy technological shields around us all and pointed their spears. "We need to get some of these." I whispered to Sam and he nodded. T'Challa said something and blue lasers began shooting from the spears at the aliens. Those who had guns were firing them as the aliens got closer and I felt myself rise off the floor. My hands glowed purple and I rose above the people, shooting balls of energy at the creatures. They hit them and knocked them down, but for everyone we knocked down another broke through the dome. Sam and Rhodey flew on and Sam released his redwings. Bruce and Rhodes used their suits to shoot the creatures.

"You see the teeth on those things?" Sam yelled.

"All right, back up Sam." Rhodey ordered. "You're gonna get your wings singed." Rhodey released several metal packages along the border. They hit the ground with great explosions. The amount of creatures on the other side was building up and they began to move alone the dome. "Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between them and Vision." Bruce told us.

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us." Steve replied.

"How do we do that?" The lady next to T'Challa asked. T'Challa looked at her, thinking before admitting his final decision. "We open the barrier."

He put his hand on his ear piece to engage his own comms and spoke. "On my signal, open North-West Sections seventeen... On my signal."

The tall man in armour looked quite worried now. "This will be the end of Wakanda."

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history." Okoye confidently. Steve engaged the small shield he had been given and I landed beside Nat to talk a final hold of her hand. T'Challa ordered his men to take down their shields and we all braced ourselves.

"Wakanda forever!" T'Challa yelled from the front of the group. It sent chills up my spine and the whole army set off at a run. I took off and flew above Nat, watching her to make sure she was alright. She was pretty much at the front of the group when the barrier opened about five meters to allow a small stream of creatures to pour in. Steve and his super soldier abilities raced to the front of the group beside T'Challa.

I quickly landed next to Nat. "To the end of the earth!" I yelled. She looked at me.

"To the end of the earth! Be careful and don't die!" She smiled as I took off again. The army dove into battle, engaging with the huge swarm of screeching aliens. We just fought, gunshots and lasers and energy beams and spears. A mess of bodies and yelling as everyone did their best not to die.

I continuously shot energy balls at different creatures, mostly getting them off the backs of others. Things went on for a few minutes and it began to look like our side was struggling. Bruce was pinned down and Steve and T'Challa were extremely outnumbered. I had lost sight of Nat which was worrying me as I headed to save Bruce. However I was stopped in my tracks when a huge beam of light hit the ground just meters from me. It knocked back a few of the surrounding creatures and kicked up lots of dust. I looked at it with a frown as a large axe swung out of the light beam. With crackling blue strikes it spun around the near by areas and took out everything in its path. It cleared the creatures off Steve and Bruce and began its return to the beam of light. The light cleared revealing the creatures inside of it but before I got the chance to look at it I got knocked from the sky by a couple of the creatures. They tackled me to the ground and their saliva or whatever was coming from their mouth dripped on my face as they tried to claw at my leather jacket. "That's new you bastards!" I growled as I fought to get my hands beneath them. When I did I released a huge ball of energy that knocked them all away. I sat up to see a short haired Thor holding a huge axe with crackling energy coming from it, a small tree man and a racoon looking thing with a big gun.

Everyone around them paused for a moment and watched. Steve got off the floor with a giant grin and I caught sight of my girlfriend's pleased expression. Bruce removed his helmet for a moment, yelling at the alien leaders. "You guys are so screwed now!" He cackled.

Thor charged at them, his face extremely angry. "Bring me Thanos!" He growled and I remembered that Thanos had attacked and killed his people. I took my chance to fly towards Nat. I landed just in time to watch Thor fly up, pulling lightning from the sky and striking it down in the middle of the incoming creatures. The lightning crackled and sent the hundreds of them flying backwards. The fight resumed as I was back to back with Natasha.

"Hey darling." She called.

"See I'm not dead yet!" I called back.

"We'll see about that!" She joked as I got hit hard from the side and tackled to the floor. This time the claws of one of them ripped through the arm of my leather jacket.

"Oh that's it!" I screamed, charging my hands to release a huge ball of purple energy.