31

Asami

My friends and I wait outside of Geography for the bell. Wednesday, a few more days until me and Korra have to present that project in english together. We haven't really spoke about how we're going to present it, but I'm leaning more towards Korra doing the talking part. She's better at that stuff than I am.

I rest my back against the wall and sigh, zoning out from all of the chatter around me. Last night was.. eventful to say the least. It was nice meeting Senna and it was fun being around her and Korra. But just by looking at Korra's expression that night I guess we just got lucky that Senna was in a 'good mood'. I was prepared to shake a hand of an alcoholic, someone who 'couldn't walk in a straight line' like Korra described but, I'm glad Senna has turned herself around. I'm glad that she's healing, for Korra's sake.

I had a small conversation with my dad on the way back from that night, half of it was just him scolding me for not replying to his texts sooner. But overall he got over it pretty quickly and my mum still doesn't know.

Jinora waves a hand in my face and I realise that I've been staring at the ground for quite some time.
"Hello? Earth to Asami."

I blink and look up at her.
"hm? yes?"

"You were staring at the floor for ages." Jinora says and crosses her arms with a smug smile on her face.

I chuckle nervously and push my glasses up my nose.
"Sorry, I got lost in thought."

Opal slings and arm around my shoulders and leans into me.
"Thinking about a certain someone?"

I instantly shove her off, blushing as those familiar blue eyes render in my mind.
"Shut up."

"Speaking of Korra, where is she? Class starts in 5 minutes." Kai asks.

"It's Korra, she's never on time." I mumble and check my phone, class really does start in 5 minutes. Opal looks at me with an amused smile on her face. I raise a brow and shuffle my weight awkwardly onto side, why is she looking at me like that? The chattering soon quiets down a little in the halls and I realise that Opal is looking over my shoulder. I turn around and follow her gaze.

Bolin pushes through the crowds of people that are scattered around the halls and Mako is by his side doubled over laughing. I can't see who's behind them though, there's too many people in the way.
"What is Bolin doing?" Jinora chuckles and points over to the commotion.

I shrug and watch him.
"Excuse me people! Coming through!" I hear him exclaim and people giggle and move out their way.
"Clear the way. My friend here has the plague." I can see him now properly now. He has his head held high, chest puffed out whilst he marches down the halls like some royal guard on patrol.

"Does he always do this?" I ask Opal since they're quite close friends.

She laughs and shakes her head.
"No not really. But he can be a real dork sometimes."

Clearly... I look up and I see that Bolin is looking right back at me. He smiles and then moves out of the way, revealing Kuvira holding onto Korra by the arm. My smile instantly drops whilst I scan the redness of her cheeks, her drowsy eyes and the way she sways from side to side as she stumbles forward.
"Korra? What's happened?" I ask as Kuvira hands her over to me like she's some heavy baggage.

Korra opens her mouth to speak but her face scrunches up instead and she sneezes into the crook in her arm. Oh.. I press the back of my hand against her forehead and it's boiling hot.
"Someone's got a fever." I say.

"It's just a stuffy nose, I'm good." Korra replies and sneezes again which is then followed by a cough.

Bolin pats her back and mumbles over into my direction.
"It's the plague."