Chapter ninety nine

"Snips you don't have to babysit: we can get someone else in." Anakin said while crouching down by the chair were Ahsoka was sat rocking Ari in her arms. I watched from the side with a gentle smile, adoring the sight of the trio. In my eyes they were all family, well, I was to be wed to Anakin in the morning so there was that. But Ahsoka to, she was like the perfect cross between a little sister and a daughter.

"But I want to look after her master: besides, I'm not old enough to drink so I can't go with you or (y/n) tonight, and I want you to have tons of fun without worrying about this little one." She replied managing to melt my heart for the forth her time that afternoon. Ahsoka was just the kindest at times, I'm sure she didn't even realise it but Anakin and I were eternally grateful. I watched as Anakin looked to me then back to her, cracking a smile as he nodded. He stood back up at straightened out his shirt Obi wan had insisted he wear to the 'guys night' he and a few of the clones were having to celebrate his last night being a single man. Of course I'd laid down some ground rules - to Obi wan though, not my fiancé. Something told me master Kenobi would be doing all planning for tonight anyways. Our only job was to find a baby sitter...which we forgot, hence why Ahsoka was offering.

"You're the best Snips," Anakin replied giving the girl a quick loose embrace, then quickly cupping the cheeks of our daughter and placing a kiss on her forehead. He then gently brushed the few strands of soft blonde hair from her forehead and stared right down into her bright blue eyes. "I'll be back to see you later little Princess okay? In the meantime auntie Ahsoka's going to take care of you alright sweetheart." He whispered to the little girl before placing another light kiss on her brow as she giggled joyously. Meanwhile Ahsoka gave a smile and readjusted her grip on the little girl with a shine to her blue eyes when Anakin called her auntie. S e stood back up fully there was a knock at the door followed by a click of the latch. I looked round over my shoulder to see Obi wan and Rex walking in wearing casual wear.

Well: not so casual for Obi wan, he was wearing a tie with a crisp, neatly buttoned shirt. That didn't surprise me though, Obi wan was always the neat time. Though I had to wonder how many pieces of his suit would make it back after tonight.

"Hello hello: oh why (y/n) darling you look absolutely gorgeous," Obi wan greeted with a smile, placing his jacket on the back of the nearest chair before leaning over and kissing my left cheek then my right. I gave a small giggled and brought his into a quick embrace before doing the same with Rex.

"Thank you Obi wan: you're to kind," I replied looking back his way as Rex and I parted and he moved to stand over by the kitchen counter. "Oh and I talked to Padmè: she says she already predicted you might want an extra seat at the table and made arrangements accordingly, she just needs the Duchess to make a choice of food, there's a book on the counter of choices." I added in reference to our previous discussion about him bringing Satine to the wedding, something I was thrilled by. She was such a kind woman: and a good friend to Anakin and I growing up, I always remember her visiting us at Obi wans, often with some form of sugary sweets for us to enjoy. She was our favourite aunt before we even really knew who she was. Obj wan smiled and gave a shy nod while running his fingers over his hair as Anakin gave a smirk.

"Ah: thank you (y/n), I appreciate it and I'll get back to Padmè by the end of the evening." Obj wan replied with a shy smile as Anakin walked over to stand behind me. I could practically feel his smirk without needing to look round, he and I loved the idea of Obi wan and Satine getting together. He'd told me about Korkie, of course he had, we shared everything now.

Well, almost everything....

"Obi wan's got a date." My fiancé sung with a playfully mocking air from beside me. In response I elbowed him in the chest, though not to hard since he was still recovering from his prior ordeal in the slave trade. The bruising had gone down, but they'd left a good number of scars unfortunately.