Chapter 64

Heyo people. It's been so many days since I last posted. And of course that was not my fault cause I didn't have enough motivation to write further as you all, my dear readers never motivated me except a few loyal readers. Thanks a billion for that❤!

Imagine. Why work hard when you know you won't get anything better from doing it? When no one appreciates you for the hard work? Writing a book is definitely not a piece of piss and not all knows this. And imagine writing a book to entertain you all when I, myself have so much on my plate. I have school, personal work and a social life. Respect my work and then I'll entertain you in the most amazing way. Even for the last chapters, only a few voted. I just wanna know one thing. Why is it so hard for you all to vote? Or just tell me that you don't like my book. Just clicking the star on your screen is so hard for you all and yet you see me typing a whole chapter for hours, trying to put emotions wherever needed, spending my time . Are you all serious?!??! Be honest. If you like my book, vote, and if not, tell me. You all won't even comment and tell your thoughts. Remember, not all AUTHORS respect your opinions and I am literally asking for it every freaking chapter. AND YOU ALL WON'T FOLLOW ME AS WELL. I honestly don't know what's wrong, either with me or you all. Even after this, if you all don't vote and comment, I'm afraid I have to stop writing my book. I am so done. Remember, no votes, no story.

I hope I made myself clear. Hope you all respond after this. Now, enjoy the chapter.

Chapter dedicated to my dear sista, doctorSreenija

The sun just peeked in to light up the world. It was a prosaic morning. The air was thin and the room was clouded with great agony, tears and lost hopes. A woman in her mid twenties, was lying on the hospital bed with an oxygen mask on her face and closed eyes. She was wearing a serene white gown.

She tried opening her eyes which seemed quite impossible because she felt immense weight on her eyes which prevented her from opening them. She tried harder and harder to open her eyes but she couldn't. She doesn't feel anything. Literally nothing. All that she can hear is a voice which tells her that she is not dead but alive. What was it? She doesn't know. Was it her conscious? She doesn't know either. She doesn't feel alive. She wondered why she wasn't able to open her eyes. She couldn't feel her body either and it began frustrating her.

"What's happening to me? Am I dead? Oh, no!" She asked herself as she was completely terrified.

She tried talking but failed miserably. She was very scared of what had happened to her and why she wasn't able to feel anything. All she could feel and hear is a voice, which tells her that she is not dead but she wasn't in the state to believe that. All her tries to come out of the cage in which she's locked right now went in vain. The pain was too much to handle. Not being able to sit up or talk and barely open her eyes drove her round the bend.

Her head began to spin and she felt pangs of pain at the back of her head.

"Anyone please help. Help me, please" she tried to talk but of course, failed at it. But she didn't bail off and tried again and again and finally she did it. She opened her eyes and felt like it had been open after ages. The bright light hurt her eyes as she squinted them in response. And when she finally adjusted to the light, she was hit by a truck as she was crushed along with the car. She felt blood draining from her body and her body was getting weaker second by second as she slowly lost all hopes of being recovered. She tried asking for help but then blacked out and fell into an abyss of darkness.

A loud scream escaped her mouth as she gained consciousness. Her mind just replayed the scenes of her accident which felt so real that she thought she was dead. She re-lived a memory. A dark memory which she probably never want to live again.

"Calm down, Miss, you're alright. Please calm down," she heard a voice which soothed her agony. Finally she was able to hear someone other than her conscious.

"So, I am not dead, yet?" she wondered.

Just a while ago, she felt numb but now each and every inch of her body caused her immense pain which was too much to handle. But one thing made her happy. She was not dead yet.

She struggled to open her eyes and finally did as she saw a man in white coat with a stethoscope around his neck as he was trying to calm her down. A tensed doctor near her trying to calm her down.

"Where-where am I?" She asked immediately, panicking, her voice hoarse.

"You are at the hospital Miss, and you are safe. Please don't panic," he said. "Nurse!" yelled the young doctor and there she came running inside and gave her an injection.

"Why am I at the hospital?" She thought. She didn't have time to think why, as she felt woozy and closed her yes. Just a moment after she closed her eyes, a sight of a man flashed in her eyes. The sight of a man she loved all her life. Her love.

A tall male entered the hospital room with sweat dripping down his face, and panic written all over his face. He felt hurt seeing his beloved woman like this on bed, looking lifeless. The doctors just called him and said that she gained consciousness this morning. They also said that she was very confused and she screamed and they then gave her sedative and calmed her down.

He looked at her as tears welled up in his eyes. A teardrop rolled down his cheek as he went and stroked her hair gently. "Talk to me. Please," he begged as he blinked off his tears. He wanted to hear her talk. Hear her laugh. But all he could do was to look at her with a hope that she'd wake up one day and talk to him like she always did. Laugh with him. Play with him. Just like before.

He felt his heart ache with every second he saw her laying on her bed. His mind was clouded with great agony and he definitely didn't know how to overcome it. He felt the pain physically and mentally which made him very weak. He couldn't see her in that situation. Not anymore. Everything would've been fine if that accident never happened. Everything.

But now, he was happy that at least she woke up. He would be able to hear her voice. He would be able to be with her. He'll take care of her like he always did. His eyes teared up again. A smile escaped his lips, with tears streaming down, seeing her.

"My angel," he whispered. As much as he wanted to talk to her, he also knows that it's not the right time. He knew that she needs to rest cause she absolutely needs it. He went closer as he placed a peck on her forehead and smiled at her, with a tear stained face and left the room.

Seeing your loved one in such a state is probably the worst pain anyone could ever experience and unfortunately there is something called fate and nobody has the power to change that. What would life be if it always goes in the way we want it to go? Everybody wants a peaceful and beautiful life and that's surely something which is more than greed. Life has ups and downs and only then we can learn lessons from it. Sun can't be up all the time to give us light and of course the moon has its own turn to show up just like happiness and sorrow respectively. We wouldn't appreciate the light if we hadn't suffered darkness. So expecting only happiness from life is the best form of stupidity, one could ever master.

We don't have the power to decide what we want to happen in life because that's not how it works. If only we had a chance. Life always won't go in the way we want it to go. It has plans for us in the most unexpected way which at times would seem good or it might also be the thing which we dread the most. It is what it is. Life. It is what life is.

_______________________________________

How was this chapter?
Tell me about it.

What are all the emotions you felt while reading it?

What do you think will happen further in the story? Any guess?

VOTE AND COMMENT.

Chapter updated on,
18th April, 2021.