In the Underworld

Third Person POV

Contrary to popular belief, the Rules of the Underworld were deeply in love. While Hades did have his demigod children, it was out of loneliness, and Persephone had a handful of children over the years.

Both rulers, agreed to help care for their respective children/step children. Melione, goddess of ghosts, loved to mess with her half siblings and got along better with the demigod daughters of Hades/Persephone better their the demigod sons of Hades/Persephone.

Makaria, the goddess of Elysium, was the shy older sister who was there for her half siblings. Unlike many immortal families, the House of Hades was a happy family.

Back to the story

The shadows in the Underworld throne room rippled and to Hades and Persephone's shock, Jasmine, holding Bianca, stumbled out.

Jasmine's green eyes meet Hades's black ones and she weakly said "Hi." before passing out along with Bianca.

Scene Change, guest room in the Underworld

Jasmine let out a groan and her eyes fluttered open. "Oh thank goodness you're awake!" a female voice said.

"Melione?" Jasmine said, attempting to sit up before she cried out in pain as a bolt of pain shot through her ribs.

"Hey don't. Your ribs got hurt badly."  Melione said, helping her half sister up.

"Bianca! Is she-" Jasmine said.

"Bianca's fine. You took the brunt of the explosion." Melione said.

"How long was I out!?" Jasmine said "The quest! I need to help find Lady Artemis!"

"You've been out for a few days Jasmine. Bianca woke up the day after you arrived." Melione said.

"...What day is it?" Jasmine said.

"Its the Winter Solstice." Melione said.

"Is Zoë, Grover, Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia okay? Are my sisters okay?" Jasmine asked.

Melione looked away.

"Melione..." Jasmine said "Your really bad a lying. Please tell me."

"Jasmine." another voice said, and Persephone entered. "Zoë died on the quest. And..."

"Who.else.died." Jasmine said, green eyes becoming frosty and teary at the same time.

She had lost two sisters.

"Adrianna." Persephone said softly. "She died when the Minotaur attacked the camp, killing it at the cost of her life."

Jasmine looked down, as tears welled up in her eyes.

I don't cry a lot...

Persephone wrapped her stepdaughter in a hug along with Melione.

Tears poured out of Jasmine's eyes as she started to cry in her stepmother's embrace.

But sometimes...

Heartbreaking sobs could be heard through the palace, with Bianca, Makaria, and Hades peering into the room and joining the family hug.

You just have to let it out.

Scene Change

"Ready?" Hades asked his demigod daughters. He was going to the Winter Solstice, and Bianca and Jasmine were coming along to reunite with the Hunt.

Well, Bianca had lost Artemis's blessing when Hades had done the magical form of defibrillation to save his youngest daughter. So she had technically died and since Artemis could only give her blessing once, she couldn't re-join the Hunt.

But that was okay since she wanted to stay with Nico at camp.

Jasmine thought it was a good idea, since Bianca would never fit in with the Hunters. She cared for Nico to much and Jasmine had told Bianca she supported her decision. 

"Let's go." Jasmine murmured. Bianca squeezed her older sisters hands, her new diamond and onyx bracelet flashing.

In its true form, it was a seven foot tall barbed spear made out of Stygian Iron. It was also coated in highly dangerous venom that could poison anything and the venom killed with a single touch, even if it only touched the small patches of skin.

Bianca also had a black and gold hair clip which true form was a black and silver bow and when the string was pulled back arrows made from darkness and Stygian Iron that never ran out of arrows.

Hades and Persephone always made weapons for their demigod children that fit said child's preferred fighting style and or the preferred weapon(s). It was there way of showing that the cared for their demigod

The three waved goodbye to Persephone, Makaria, and Melione and vanished into the shadows.

They reappeared at the Olympian Throne room, and there were gasps.

"Jasmine!? Bianca!?"

That's today's chapter! I hope you have enjoyed it.