The weird and the fast

It was now the new year. January was upon us and the team and I were back into our secret missions with what was left of SHIELD. I really needed to come up with a new name. We were slowly building our team back up but I got to specifically choose all my agents and it was kept small and a secret.

I guess we were just the Avengers but even so, it was new. We were currently in Sokovia and taking down HYDRA's main base. I was so happy to finally and hopefully abolish this cult that had been pestering me since 1945.

Tony was flying up to the base in his suit, the rest of us were making our way on foot fighting the soldiers who had made their way out the base to fight us off.
I look up just in time to see Tony hit a forcefield.
"Shit!" He shouted through our coms.
"Language!" Steve clapped back making me giggle.
"JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" I ask.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."
"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." Thor informed us.

I was running across the land using my pistols to hit men in long range. I then threw a grenade over to a vehicle watching it explode and kill all the men on there before I ran over to my next victims.

""At long last" is lasting a little long, boys." Nat said over coms.
"I agree." I breathed out. All this running was making me tired. I don't care if I'm a super soldier, I. Don't. Like. Running.

But Steve got to the bike before me.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint grunted as I passed him, helping him kill some soldiers.
"You think?" I replied.
"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said "language?"" Tony asked making me laugh out again.

"I know. It just slipped out." Steve said as he drove his bike right over to where I was before throwing it at an oncoming vechile causing an explosion.

"Thanks." I breath out wanting to catch my breath.
"Anytime." He smirks at me before fighting alongside me.

I carry on fighting with Steve until I hear Nat's panicked voice over coms.
"Clint's hit."

Just as she said that a blur of blue and silver flashes before my eyes and before I know it I'm laying on the ground with Steve, after falling hard, from my feet being swept off the ground.

"We have an enhanced in the field." I tell them getting up and helping Steve up to.
"Somebody want to deal with that bunker?" Nat asked. Before I can set off in that direction I see Hulk coming in and he barrels through the bunker and destroys it.
"Thank you." Nat and I both say sweetly.

I turn back around and kick a soldier in the chest as he charged at me, sending him flying into a tree. Steve isn't that far from me.
"Stark, we really need to get inside." Steve told Tony through his communicator.

"I'm closing in." Tony states.
A few seconds later he blows up the forcefield on the base.
"Drawbridge is down, people." He tells us.

"The enhanced?" I hear a booming voice next to me and turn slightly to see the long haired God beside me.
"He's a blur. All the new player's we've faced, I've never seen this. In fact, I still haven't." Steve told Thor.
"I have. Be careful of them, we still don't know the power they hold. Only interact if you need to until we get more information." The boys nod at me and we make our way further over to the base.

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac." Nat tells us.
"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone the better. You, Lady Ali and Stark secure the scepter." I roll my eyes at Thor's nickname for me.
"Copy that." Steve said before grabbing my hand and pulling me along as we went into the base.