Chapter 29 ➼ 𝒥𝑜𝒾𝓃 𝑜𝓇 𝒟𝒾𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒 ➼ 𝒿𝑜𝒾𝓃 𝑜𝓇 𝒹𝒾𝑒

THE LIGHT HUM OF THE TIRES racing through the woods masks the silent rover. No one had spoken a word since their departure from Arcadia where Raven, Monty, Harper, Miller and Bryan had chosen to stay behind. Raven's mind had upgraded itself after her departure with Alie and she remembered Alie sinking herself into the ark's mainframe. Raven believed that once Luna took the flame, that she would need her assistance in figuring out how to stop Alie 1.

Bellamy drove as Clarke sat beside him in the passenger seat, leaving Jasper, Angelina and Octavia to occupy the space in the back of the vehicle.

Angelina leans against the side of the rover, her face pressed lightly against the window as she watches the trees race past them as Bellamy tried to follow Jasper's instructions as he looks over the map.

"It's been about an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage," Jasper's voice fills the vehicle. "Seeing as we're using a map without any distances, it could be days before we reach Luna's village."

"At least we know that we're going in the right direction," Bellamy's voice calls.

"We're running out of daylight. We should stop in the sun and recharge the battery," Jasper voiced his concern.

"What sun?" Clarke mumbles.

Angelina watches as the rain drops slam against the window as it pours. She pays no attention to the conversation between those sitting around her as the magical girl watches the two biggest raindrops race their way down the side of the window.

"We keep going until it dies," Clarke says, turning to face Jasper.

"We keep going until we reach Luna," Octavia corrects the girl.

"Someone tell me again why we can't put the computer chip in Angelina?" Jasper asks. "She has the right color blood."

All eyes, including Bellamy's who watches the unmoving girl in the rover's rearview mirror, fall to Angelina. The girl sits still against the cool metal of the rover, blocking them out as she daydreams about when times were simpler.

"Because she doesn't want to be commander," Octavia growls at the boy. "And I'll be damned if anyone ever tries to force her."

Jasper turns the book to Octavia, a picture of a girl displayed as he asks, "is that her?"

"Yes," Octavia simply says.