Chapter 53 This is Harassment!

It started with adventurers, Kotori and her party found themselves being harassed by kingdom adventurers.

They were relatively weak and didn't pose much of a problem but eventually, the attacks were becoming constant.

Amelie had fully recovered by now was able to fight so they were able to keep moving to avoid being a sitting duck but every time they were able to settle down, they were attacked by some roaming party who found them.

It was very troublesome. The overall skill of them was quite low. Even worse, almost every single one of them had crap gear.

[Why haven't they given up] Kotori thought

This was the third party she had taken out today. She looked at the crumpled bodies of the adventurers.

"[Hunter]"

Kotori hadn't killed them, but she found that she could weaken the adventurers by using the [Hunter] ability. She avoided damaging their soul too much, but she would shave around it. It had the helpful effect of weakening them for the short term. Soul damage would prevent a person from using their skills. They would naturally heal back over time if the damage was small. Which was exactly what Kotori did to them. The stronger adventurers would be able to endure it. But the weaker ones would cry out sometimes

...

"Why are you two here!" Kotori said as she saw the two figures before her.

The cowering figures of Shun and Anya were standing before her.

"You two should know you can't beat us!" She was exasperated and taking it out on these. She hadn't been able to get much sleep recently since sometimes the adventurers' bands would attack in the night and she needed to be awake to buff them.

"You two are outlaws!" Shun said indignantly

Kotori sighed.

"Aren't there other outlaws you can chase!"

Shun and Anya looked shocked.

"But you're so valuable!"

"What?"

Kotori was confused

"Don't you know?" They asked her

"Know what?"

"You are the most wanted criminal in the country! Your bounty is enough to make a person live in luxury for life! Plus, you're only a small girl right? You look like easy pickings!"

[Seriously!]

Things were starting to fall into place in Kotori's mind now. The vast number of adventurers coming to her. Their complete lack of good gear, and the general sense of noobishness among them.

[That still doesn't explain why they came]

"Why are you here then?"

Both averted their gaze from Kotori's piercing stare

"Well Umm," They mumbled shuffling their feet

"Well?" Kotori asked them, getting rather impatient with this conversation.

"We thought since we knew you... We might have a better chance"

[Are these two idiots?]

Kotori had a suspicion that they might've been after seeing their naivete in the sewers, but now she was almost sure of it.

[Ahh, these dumbasses]

She didn't even feel she had to take them out. Shun and Anya seemed terrified of her. Which wasn't surprising considering they knew what she could do.