Guns and Roses | pariii_x

BLURB:

BLURB:

'That was the day that I vowed that I would kill the bastard who did this to them. That was also the day, Rose, the most feared female assassin today, was born.'

-----

If your cup of tea is a suspense story of revenge, with a dash of romance, and a hint of mystery, this is definitely the book for you.

-----

Sienna Steele has been driven by revenge since she was 18. Living two identities- the American Mafia Princess by the day, and Rose, the most feared female assassin in the world by the night, she won't stop until she has killed the person who caused this pain to her.

Vincenzo Russo, the firstborn son of the former Italian King has carried around a lot of baggage. Rejected to inherit the throne just because he was half Italian and double crossed by his own half brother, he won't stop until he has destroyed the mafia throne altogether.

-----

The only thing these two have in common is their need to get revenge.

So what happens when Vincenzo and Sienna work together? Will they be able to accomplish what they set out to do or just end up killing each other first?

-----

***

YOUR COVER: (9/10) I can see the relevance/representation the cover has to your story. The font/title placement is creatively taking up the space in your cover, and the mood of the image used hints at the mood/atmosphere of the story. I don't exactly see how it portrays your genre—romance, but this seems to be mainly a mystery/thriller story, so I suggest having the romance become a subplot.

YOUR TITLE: (6/10) It's a catchy, impressive title. However, try looking up the title of your story. You'll find hundreds of different stories within similar genres to yours with the exact same title. It's generic and overused. If you believe it fully represents your story, then by all means, keep it the way it is. But keep in mind that you'll have to strive to excel in the actual plot and writing to make your story stand out from all the other 'Guns and Roses.'

YOUR BLURB: (3/5) I appreciated how your blurb was informative in summarizing the plot. By reading it, I was able to get a good gist of the direction this plot will take the reader, and overall, your writing was clean of grammatical errors. I will point out, however, at the length of your blurb. It is leaning towards the longer side. Keep in mind that a blurb is only a small excerpt of your synopsis. You can keep the synopsis in the actual story, but to entice your potential readers, try making the blurb one/two sentence(s) that reveal the plot in an interesting way (also known as a logline). Making a logline can be hard, especially since it's hard to fit your plot in one/two sentence(s), but the point is to only give your readers a glimpse of the plot. The sentence(s) on its own should be interesting (and vague) enough to draw in readers. You could have fun by including metaphors/similes and sensory detail. This is optional, of course. If you choose not to do this, you could shorten your blurb by removing the second paragraph, "If your cup of tea..." as it's unnecessary. You shouldn't have to invite the readers in as an author—the blurb itself should be doing that. I suggest writing out numbers (eighteen instead of 18) to not break the flow of the blurb. You should also have commas here and there, as well as a hyphen in "half brother." You can also go to the grammar section of this review and apply my suggestions to your blurb.