So long

Wanda snapped out of her thoughts as the town continued to beg her. She had no idea they were suffering so much, all because of her. She had to cease their suffering. She concentrated on her magic, feeling the field surrounding the town.
"Go, all of you!" Wanda screamed, taking down her world. The people ran away, both afraid and relieved to be free from the control. She heard footsteps approaching her and looked behind. There, stood the man she had talked to in the circus, along with a man that was blue with red eyes, a blonde woman and a man that had a look that screamed murderous intent. He had the same eyes as Pietro, and a similar facial structure. He had to be Magneto. Wanda assumed they must have been freed from her spell when Agatha released everyone. They had seemed ready for a fight but seeing her take down the barrier herself had caught them off guard. They settled on observing her, that is, until her brother appeared at her side, with a very sick looking Vision.
"Sis, I found your husband," exclaimed Pietro, "he was close, but I figured I'd cut some time. Oh, and there's some military people coming."

A few surprised gasps came from her alternate brother's team. This was followed by the murderous looking man approaching them, seemingly torn between joy and anger.
"Peter!" He said, suddenly hugging him, "I'm sorry we didn't come sooner, we were trapped as well. I know you wanted to tell me yourself, but Raven here spoiled the surprise. It doesn't change that you're my son, and I'm glad that you're alright."

Wanda looked anxiously at her brother; she feared his reaction to his father's words. Would the necklace be enough? She still had so many things she wanted to say, so many moments she wanted to spend with him. Pietro removed himself from the man and looked at him confusedly. "Who are you?"

Wanda felt a wave of relief, followed by a wave of fear as the man suddenly turned to her.
"What have you done to my son?! Release him immediately or I swear you'll come to regret it!"

She looked at her brother, who was still confused as ever. He was looking at her, demanding answers. She could feel his piercing gaze. She looked once again at his team, they all seemed worried about him. She suddenly felt horrified with herself. How could she do this, how could she sink so low? She had already released the town, she had to do the same to him.

She took a deep breath as she let her magic continue taking down the barrier and motioned her brother over.
"I'm sorry, I never should have done this to you." She reached for the necklace, feeling the hook that was keeping Peter at bay. She was about to open it when-

"Mom!" The twins screamed. She turned to them as she gasped in horror. They were falling apart, no doubt because she was taking down the barrier. She turned around when Vision started screaming her name, him too was breaking apart. Her brother was at his nephews' sides. Trying to make sense of the situation. Wanda could see her spell taking effect, his attitude altering between the cool uncle and the worry that overtook him every time he realized the twin's state. She couldn't lose them all, she had to keep them. She couldn't be alone again; she wouldn't allow herself to relive such emptiness.
She quickly reformed the field, feeling exhausted as she did so. Her children and husband got up and joined her, soon followed by Pietro. They hugged tight, Wanda silently letting a tear fall down her face. She couldn't, wouldn't, let them leave. This was her home, and she would fight for it. Their reunion was interrupted by many military cars and soldiers pulling into town square. All menacing them with guns. Hayward started shouting threats, just as Agatha came back. She locked hand with her husband, both agreeing to deal with the witch together.

"Boys, we've never prepared you for this," started Wanda.

"But you were born ready," completed Vision.

She noticed Pietro and Tommy linking hands together, probably in preparation to run. She tasked them with the military, hoping her brother's team wouldn't get in the way. Then she was off in the air, fighting a witch that fed off her powers every time she used them. Good thing Vision could fight too.
She wasn't sure how long the fight lasted, but Wanda was sure, it had to be the fight of her life. Even with her husband's help, the odds were against her. She suddenly remembered the 'lesson' her ex-neighbor had given her. Strategically missing her, she slowly casted her runes. When she pretended giving up, the witch was all too pleased, until she realized she couldn't use her powers.
"I don't need you to tell me who I am," said Wanda, feeling her magic and Agatha's mixing and returning to her. She could feel her outfit change, it felt powerful, right. She was enveloped in her magic, it felt like a tight warm hug. The potential of her magic suddenly opened up to her and she realized one thing: she couldn't keep up her lie anymore. She cringed at how her thought echoed the telepath on Peter's team.

Once her transformation was complete, it was all too easy to deal with Agatha. She brought her back to her nosy neighbor role, smirking as the woman started flirting with her.
She looked at her husband, he knew what had to be done. In a silent conversation, they both agreed to not tell the boys. It was better if they didn't know. Speaking of them, they both ran to their parents and gave them hugs. They kept talking about how they had worked with their uncle to get rid of the blue guy. Pietro stood to the side, not wanting to break the sweet moment. Wanda looked up at him after they had separated and gave him a hug.
"I truly hope you forgive me," she apologized. She unhooked the necklace as quick as she could, not wanting to regret her decision.

With a gasp, Peter was back, looking at her with a confused look.
"Wanda?"

She didn't look at him, she was too ashamed of what she had done. There was still a part of her that wanted to put him back as Pietro, but she pushed it away. He had suffered enough. It was obvious he had many questions, but they were all forgotten when he spotted his team.
"Guys, you're here!" He ran over to them, giving each of the members a quick hug before stopping in front of his father. "So... I guess you know?"

The older man nodded and took his son in a bear hug, seemingly afraid to let go and lose him again. Wanda watched from the side, turning her gaze away as she felt a sharp pain in her chest. She knew she wouldn't see him again after today. She turned to her family, realizing that it would be the same for them too. Still, she had made her choice. She had to move on. She spotted Monica dragging Hayward from a car, handcuffing him to the front. She couldn't help but feel satisfaction at the outcome. She gestured to the boys, informing them it was time to go home. She took Vision's hand as they started walking, wanting to be close to him one last time. She didn't notice the concerned look Peter gave her as she walked away.
Once home, she sent the children to bed with a bedtime story, thanking them for choosing her. She took in their smiles, knowing it would be their last. Vision closed the door and they walked downstairs. She began to close to the lights as the barrier approached them. She looked back at her husband opening the lamp she had just closed, telling her about how it was unlucky to say goodbye in the dark. She pulled him into a hug, crying in his chest.
"I'm so sorry, all I wanted was a family to be happy with, I never meant for so many people to get hurt."

He rubbed her back and kissed her head, whispering comforting words in her ear. She looked up again, not wanting her last moment with him to be of her crying. He gently put his hands on her cheeks.
"Wanda, I know we can't stay like this. But before I go, I feel I must know. What am I?"

She took a breath, composing herself. She had to be brave for the last conversation she'd have with her husband.
"You, Vision, are the piece of the Mind Stone that lives in me. You are a body of wires and blood and bone that I created. You are my sadness and my hope. And mostly you're my love."

The synthezoid smiled at her answer, "We have said goodbye to each other before, so it stands to reason..."

"...we will say hello again," completed Wanda. Tear filling her eyes as her house fell apart. She held Vision's face in her hand, wanting to remember his features forever.

"So long, darling."
——————————————————————-
So, I decided to have Wanda remove the necklace herself since she's the one that ultimately was "controlling" Peter. Don'T miss the epilogue this tuesday. There's also an annoucement coming at the same time!
As always, reviews are appreciated!