Chapter 55

Ame's P.O.V

"Alright, thanks for calling me. Bye Canada, bye guys!"

"Bye dad!"

"Bye America, I'll call you tomorrow."

With that, the call ended and I slumped back on the couch.

Canada managed to pull some of my states outside to talk to me on his phone and I was grateful that I finally got to talk with some of them. It had been a week or so since I had the conversation with Massachuesetts, so I was aching to see if I could reach them.

From what I could understand, the states that went outside to meet with Canada that one time had their phones either taken away or disconnected from the phone line. So all of the calls to those particular states weren't going through. However, the ones to the other states were.

It was just that they weren't listening.

I shook my head, I found it impossible that so many of them were listening to her tainted words rather than my truthful ones. Yet, that was exactly what was happening.

It was depressing really, to think that they would listen to her over me.

"Hey, I am back. Ve can starrrt making dinnerrr."

I lifted my head out of my hands and gazed at the peculiar mess of assortments being removed from Russia. On the ground to the side were three bags filled with groceries, since we had gone through quite a few in our time here.

Russia was busy stuffing a large, light coat onto a coat stand in the corner of the room. He also tossed a hat, some gloves, and a mask onto a wall hanger near where he was standing. They all served one purpose; to disguise his identity.

When going out in public, we would always get stared at and asked for pictures, so it was commonplace for us to have some clothing items just for this purpose. And with the normalisation of masks, it's only become easier for us to function.

I got up off of the couch and slid over to Russia. I bent down, grabbed the bags, and brought them into the kitchen. I set them down on the counter near the sink and unloaded them.

Russia came in a few seconds later and went all over to gather the different pots, pans, and whatever else was needed to make the potatoes. He then walked over to me, set what he was holding down, and hugged me from behind.

He kissed my cheek, which made my skin tingle, "How have you been?"

I finished setting the enclosed meat in my hand down, while I spun around and returned his favour, as I wrapped my arms around him. "Okay, but better than normal, since Canada managed to pull about four states aside to talk to me." I responded, with a big smile on my face.

My heart was in a strange limbo of speeding up and slowing down. I laid my head on Russia's shoulder and took some deep breaths to stop my heartrate from accelerating.

"Zhat is grrreat news! How verrre zhey?"

His arms eventually left my sides and mine followed his, "They are actually fine, which is a big surprise, considering what I heard happened to Massachesetts." He grabbed a drawer near him and he pulled it open and grabbed two potato peelers from the inside of it.

"Vhat happened to herrr?" Russia asked, as he handed me a potato peeler.

I opened the bag and brought it over to the trash can, "Apparently, when she was running away from Cabi, she tripped over a corner and twisted her foot. Along with that she had a few scrapes and scratches supposedly caused by several objects. But I don't trust any of that since I know that Cabi must have had something to do with it." I muttered, as I started peeling the potatoes.