Reminisce

I don't know why that stuck with me throughout the day, I said it first and it was only natural to hear him say it back. I'm quite thankful he did say it back or else it would have been really awkward to start off the next two classes I had with him.

It's just how much those three words hold, you know? They're packed with commitment and desire and all those fancy words that smart people use. It's an emotion that people use when they're connected or bounded to each other and- are we like that? Am I like that with Ranboo? I knew I grew a liking to him but not.. this?

What if Wilbur knows? Surely, right? He's flirty and charming, I'm sure he's loved someone before or has had someone love him. Maybe he's even having lunch with someone like that right now and that's why he decided not to each lunch with me.

I did also mention a friend, does he- oh shit. Would it be appropriate to ask him then? What about teachers? Most of them are married so maybe they can teach me. Or help me figure this out- however you want to phrase it.

But then that's a very weird thing that I would rather not have a conversation with my teacher.

I'm stuck. I'm actually stuck now in this stupid metaphorical pickle. I'll just talk to Wilbur. If he's not busy, he could still be earing with somone, that is still on the table. It's all I've got, anyway.

Or maybe, maybe he's awkward when there are other people around. Everyone else in the classroom when he first talked to me weren't paying attention to his every move, with Ranboo there he could have been nervous. Or maybe it was just a joke and he would rather make friends.

I need to stop thinking about this.

---

"So apparently, I met Wilbur before you. Well, 'properly' met. Whatever."

Ranboo spoke up from previously munching on his lunch, now wiping his mouth with a napkin. I didn't expect to hear him talk about Wilbur and know who he even was. I was kind of intrigued now, I wonder if they got along because that would be great to have all my friends be friends with each other to avoid any hassle.

"Really? Did he hit on you, too, or something?" I joked around, now thinking of when he first met me in the classroom and immediately winked at me after telling me his name.

"No he just- wait what? 'Too'?" He sounded so caught off guard and surprised, his voice went all high and he stared at me with widened eyes.

"What? It's highschool, it's not like it was the first time I've been hit on. It's happened before Ranboo, I'm a girl."
"It was at least appropriate, right?"
"Yes it was appropriate you idiot!"
"He's still new, anyway. He shouldn't-.. it's not.. forget it."

I wanted to hear the end of this thought but he gave up before I could hear. I just assumed he forgot and was embarrassed so I let it go. It did surprise me when he didn't know guys hit on girls, like it's not a worldly known thing.

He must live under a rock or something where everyone are just friends and don't gain any sort of attraction to anyone.

"If you count winking appropriate.."
"He what?!"

I giggled, finding his reaction hilarious. If he had milk he would have definitely spit it out of his mouth, I could just tell. He stared at me dumbfounded but it was just so cute at how clueless he looked. He huffed and stared all over the room, only making me laugh harder.

"I really don't," he chuckled, "I really don't see what's so funny. I'm just.. I'm just surprised."
"Sure, Ranboo. Sure."

I rolled my eyes in a playful manner and he nudged me with his elbow after trying to defend himself and failing miserably. He yelled a 'hey' at me then gave up. We were just laughing again together like always, having a good time.