⁰²⁸ lipstick-stained love letters

❝ i can no longer hold back any part of myself from falling in love with you

myself from falling in love with you. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MAEVE HAD TRIED TO WRITE BACK TO HERMIONE FIFTEEN TIMES. and that was not an exaggeration. exactly fifteen balls of parchment were scrunched up and discarded in the bin beside her desk, and she was now running low on ink.

she didn't know what to say. well, she knew she she wanted to say, but when she put quill to paper— her mind went blank.

a week had gone by now, and there was only a matter of days before she was due to return back to hogwarts for her sixth-year.

she still didn't want to go. but she had a slightly better feeling about it now.

she had also noticed that she was still in stage one of grief. sometimes she would catch herself trying to convince herself that levi was still alive. she would make up little conversations inside her head that they would have together— and then she felt crazy for doing so.

her birthday was the hardest.

july 7th, and her first birthday without her brother by her side— celebrating together. it was no longer their birthday. it was now just hers. her 16th birthday.

she didn't want this. she didn't need this.
all she wanted was her brother back.

and then, on the night of august 31st, 1996– the day before school started— she rose from her bed, and sat at her desk. she got out her quill from her suitcase, and she wrote.

𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆,

𝒊𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚.

𝒊𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒇 𝒊 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍— 𝒊 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅. 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕.

𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇. 𝒊 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚.
𝒊 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓, 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒑𝒊𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅. 𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕— 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒕. 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒕.