Chapter 7: Detour

Hiya! Sorry about the length of time between updates, but I was busy wrapping up the semester. Hope that you all are well and thank you for supporting my stories!

"It looks great!" You turn around and see Tali peaking over your shoulder. "Your war paint. Looks like it came out well." You glance over at your helmet sitting on the back of your bench and smile slightly.

"Yeah I think so too." You say as you set your shotgun down. "So what have you been up to? Helping out in the engine room?" You ask her.

"Engineer Adams seems pretty thrilled to have me aboard. Said that I am better than most of his men combined." She states proudly.

"Good to see that you are finding a place here."

"How about you? What have you been up to?" She asks.

"Garrus and I have been working on the Mako. He has been...calibrating something for the past hour."

"Someone needs to make sure the big guns are in working order or else we will just be driving a tin can around." Garrus comments from the inside of the tank.

"I was one of the best in my class when it came to combat driving. I can get us in and out of there, no problem." You reply to him.

"You two are funny...like brothers." Tali giggles from next to you.

"I got the looks of the family."

"Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night." You shoot back at Garrus.

"So you two have just been making remarks to each other?" Tali asks, a hint of attitude in her voice.

"Well...I was messing with the engine, but now I have just been tinkering my shotgun." You reply. "Need to pick up some new attachments for it once we make our next stop, but she is in working order."

"Commander wants you guys up stairs." You hear Joker say over the intercom.

"Tell him we will be there a minute." You respond as you wipe your hands on your pants. "You there ready to figure out what he has in store for us?"

"I asked him about it earlier and he said that there are a couple of leads for us to follow." Garrus says after climbing out of the Mako. "Probably going to tell us which planet we are going to head to first."

"It will be interesting to see where this takes us. Hopefully we find plenty of useful information about the geth along the way." Tali adds as the three of you head to the elevator.

"You three ready to get your hands dirty?" Wrex asks as he walks up besides you.

"Ready to get this mission started. Who knows where Saren could be." You reply as the four of you step in as the conversation continues.

"Wherever he is I'm sure you'll have plenty of geth to shoot at." Garrus comments.

"Better be. I have been itching for a fight." Wrex laughs.

"Just try to leave some parts intact." Tali pleads. "It is easier to salvage parts and data from them if they aren't in a million pieces."

"Can't make any promises." He grunts as the doors open. The four of you make your way to the meeting room, where you find Shepard, Ashley, and Kaiden already gathered.

"What is the plan now Shepard?" Kaiden asks as the group of you sit down.

"We have three leads that could lead us to Saren. Noveria, Feros, and Therum. We are going to investigate all three and see if we can find anything that'll further our search." He explains.