Mother

Year 854

"You two should probably go ahead and check your equipment," Mikasa says, carrying a box of ODM as we sit by the harbor. 

"Have you ever gotten to use yours yet, Annie?" I ask as she nods. 

"Mmhm...Reiner and I used it earlier, little wobbling here and there but, we got used to it...Why?" Annie asks us as Mikasa shrugs. 

"Just curious...As for now, do what you can so," Mikasa says as Annie side-eyes her. 

"Who said I was going to depart?" Annie asks us, looking down as we give her a slightly shocked look. 

"Why wouldn't you go?" I ask her, swaying my legs off the harbor. 

"I'm sorry but...Saving? I don't know how you will manage to save humanity...Rather...The Eldians of Marley have been oppressed by Eren from the day I was born, even if the rumbling stopped right now, after Marley's destruction, there won't be anything left to protect Eldia... I feel really sorry for them... They weighted they're hoped on us just to save our hometown...But.." Annie says as she looks over her shoulder to Armin. 

"I just can't fight anymore...But in time...I just want...for there to be peace," Annie says, blushing as Mikasa and I look at each other. 

"Oh..." I linger on as I give Mikasa a slight smile. 

"Since when?" Mikasa asks as Annie looks down, trying to conceal her face. 

"What?" Annie asks as I scratch the back of my head. 

"Nevermind," Mikasa and I say together as Annie gives us a weird look. 

"Will you two stop with the communicating without talking thing? It's unsettling," Annie says as we both nod. 

"We see, Annie..." I say as she sweats a little. 

"What?!" She shouts as I stand up and kick her side lightly. 

you don't have to do anything right now, but since Armin is taking the flying boat with is, I'm going to see Eren," Mikasa says as Annie plays with the strings of her jacket. 

"I know...So...What are you going to do? Are you going to save humanity by Killing Eren?" Annie asks as Mikasa furrows her brows. 

"I won't kill...I'm going to get the old Eren back...I just want that," Mikasa says, turning her back to us.  

"Hey...Mikasa where's your scarf?" I ask as she walks away from us. 

"I have it...I'm just not wearing it right now," Mikasa says as Annie looks back up to me. 

"You seem to know a lot," Annie says as I revert my eyes back down to her. 

"Huh?" I ask as she stands up to me, looking face to face with me. 

"Don't question me when you know exactly what I'm talking about...Just yesterday you were rambling about "there is no way to save Eren" so, what? Are you agreeing that there is nothing to be done except to kill him?" Annie asks me as my eyes widen, standing speechless. 

"Are you just going to look at me with dumbfounded that I caught on? I know that you and Eren have shared a past, so, for you to agree with killing him shocked me, so why?" Annie asks as I furrow my brow out of sadness. 

"You're right, Annie... I do know what will happen... But that goes without saying that the future can change at any moment... Maybe if Mikasa were to talk to him, it could change his mind-," I say as Annie "tsks" and looks away from me.