Chapter 9 | "now i'm pissed"

Renjun watched in a mix of fear and awe as Miyeon launched herself into the middle of the crowd of men. Her sword swinging with precise, practiced strokes, Miyeon took the men down one by one.

She saw a few break away and run towards the royals, but Jeno and the boys were able to force them back into the fray where she made sure their bodies hit the floor.

"I've heard about you." Grumbled one man as she circled him. "You're the one who ruined everything at the parade."

"That's me." She snarled back, seeing the only other man bring distracted by Jeno and Jaemin. "and what about it?"

"Bitch." He spat out, glaring at her.

"Oh I'm sorry, did this little girl ruin all your big boy plans?" Miyeon retorted with a sarcastic pout.

"You're going down, bitch."

The man ran at her, swinging wildly with his blade but Miyeon easily avoided his swing. She was shocked at how fast he recovered, though, running at her again and knocking into her. He was obviously more well trained snd very quick on his feet. She stumbled backwards as his sword dug into side at the same spot where she had been stabbed before, a sharp pain shooting through her body.

"Alright thats it. Now I'm pissed." She growled, rounding on the man and slashing down the side of his face with her own sword, pulling his out of her side with a grunt.

He howled out in pain, stumbling around as the blood dripped into his eyes. She walked over, a dark sound leaving her mouth in the mix of a growl and a laugh as she brought her sword down and pierced him in the chest, his screams abruptly ending.

She let out a sigh, touching her side gently with one hand and seeing it quickly covered in blood. She shook it off when she heard the sound of metal clashing, turning to see Jeno and Chenle fending off the last man.

She quickly ran over, leaping into the air and knocking him square in the back. He fell onto his knees, dropping his sword as she landed on him, one foot on his back and the sharp edge of her sword digging into his neck, just barely light enough to not draw blood.

"Your majesty," she said, turning to look at the king, who was watching the whole thing with a mix of terror and amazement. "As much as I'd like to eliminate this vermin from your kingdom, I think it may be worth it to let this one live for now. To find out who is doing this and how to stop it."

He stared at her a moment as she caught her breath before he nodded his head in agreement.

"A very wise idea indeed, thank you Miyeon."

"Of course, your majesty."

She pulled her sword away and removed her foot from the man's back. She bent down to grip onto the collar of his shirt, harshly yanking him to his feet snd twisting one arm behind his back to immobilize him.

"Your majesty, is everything-!" The guards burst into the room, freezing upon seeing all the dead, bleeding bodies on the floor.

"I think we've got it all taken care of here." The king replied. "Please carefully bring this man to the dungeons for questioning later, and clean the rest of this up."

The guards all nodded their heads and set to work, taking the man from Miyeon's grip as Jeno and Jaemin rushed over to her.

"Miyeon, are you alright? That was amazing!" Jaemin said as she straightened up, wincing from the wound in her side.

"Miyeon, you're bleeding!" Jeno exclaimed, seeing the blood seeping through her outfit.

"I'm fine, I-"