chapter eight

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER EIGHT

THE YOUNG GODSCHAPTER EIGHT

" WHO MADE IT? "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

  THE ALARM BLARED through the speakers as every camera on the fifth floor started shutting down. Rosie took a deep breath looking around the room as she knew that as soon as the alarm was going to go off, she had to get ready. A wave of fear crawled on her body knowing that the people she called family were all together for the last time. Not everyone was going to make it out. Maybe not even her.

      The touch of a familiar hand took the girl out of her thoughts as the hand caressed her cheek. Her eyes looked up to make eye-contact with the dark haired boy who had fear streaming through his veins but reassurance stemming out of him. He showed no panic instead showed calmness to keep the group in check.

      "You okay, Rosie?" His hand brushed her hair out of her face tucking it behind her ear. Her body tingling at the sensation of his warm hand, his presence had always made her feel safe even in the most dangerous situations they've been in.

      Rosie nodded knowing deep down that he was feeling the same way as everyone else. He was keeping himself together just like her best friend was. Both of them were the leaders of the group and had to maintain under control. "Yeah, I'm fine." Rosie replied doing her best to keep herself together hoping that today wasn't going to be the last time she'd see him.

      He'd become everything to her in matter of months and one of the few people she'd give herself up for. Unknowingly, he'd do the same for her. The boy would do anything for the scared girl in front of him.

      "Two minutes!"

      The boy's eyes teared away from her turning to look at his sister against the door with a large gun in her hands. She peeked through the window watching people in coats running through the halls looking for a safe room to lock themselves inside. The boy pulled away walking towards the door his sister was standing against.

      "Rosie, you ready?" Rosie turned to look at another girl across from her, "everything loaded?" Rosie nodded as she had probably been the first one to get armored up and had her weapons checked out. "This is it, guys. All or nothing."

      "Remember your places. We're meeting at the back entrance, they'll be waiting for us in a truck." the boy explained, "half of you go with me and half go with her, understood?"

      "One minute guys!"

      Rosie checked one last time making sure she had everything she needed. She stood on the other side of the room, standing against the other door with her best friend and two others. She locked eyes with the boy who couldn't look away hoping to death that both of them would come out alive.

      Hesitating for a few seconds, the boy sprinted across the room before pressing his lips onto Rosie's. Rosie kissed the boy wishing he didn't pull away when he did. A small smile breaking on his lips for the last time, "I'll see you on the other side, okay?" 

      "Go!"

      Before Rosie could even reply to him, the two doors opened and the two groups shuffled out each going to different research floors their guns going off making their way to different spots.

ROSIE FLUTTERED HER eyes open looking up at the wooden ceiling almost forgetting where she was. For a split second she thought she was back at the familiar building in her dream. Sitting up, Rosie remembered the faces in her vivid dream. She recognized the boy kissing her and the girl leading her out into the hallway.

"Are you okay?" A voice on the other side of the room spoke up.

The girl turned to see the familiar boy with a worried look on his face, "yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just a dream."

Ander nodded sitting up as well, "seemed like a bad one. You were moving around in the bed a lot." Rosie half smiled at the boy who got up from his bed, "I'm gonna go start making the food. You coming?"

       "In a second, I'm just going to change and I'll see you there." Rosie replied as Ander walked out of the bedroom.

      Sudden tears started streaming down her cheeks, the boy's face from her dream was still carved into her brain. His brown eyes that shined under the room's bright light turning them into golden rays. The black hair that needed a serious haircut. His warm hand that had soothed her for the few seconds they had together. The charming smile that had caused the girl several butterflies to erupt in her stomach. His warmth, his touch, his presence.

      It wasn't a dream.

      He wasn't just a dream.

      It was a memory.

DR. PAIGE MONITORED the girl's vital signs and brain activity from across the screen. They increased intensely making her turn around, "why are her vital signs so high?"

Everyone sitting behind their desks turned to their computers looking for a reason to give the chancellor. One of the interns raised their hand speaking up, "the high vital signs can mean two things; one, some type of internal injury or bleeding."

The elder woman in her lab coat nodded, "and the other?"

The boy pursed his lips taking a second before replying back, "she might be getting her memory back."

"What do you mean she can be getting her memory back?" Dr. Paige asked walking towards the boy. "We've gone out with this injection making sure they don't have a possible way to retrieve their memory."

"Well—" the boy fiddled with his fingers nervously, "the fact that the serum was created quickly and there was no attention to detail, some parts could of been forgotten or something else was added."

The woman pressed her hand against her mouth looking down at the floor, "who made it?"

"Teresa."