12.

Donghee didn't have any work or classes and so she stayed in bed despite being awake

Donghee didn't have any work or classes and so she stayed in bed despite being awake. It wasn't until she realised it was already 12:30 pm that she shot out of bed to eat breakfast.

She lazily walked outside the bedroom and into the kitchen. At the kitchen island she saw Jaemin eating an apple while scrolling through his phone.

"Breakfast is in the fridge, it's my leftovers because I was full."
"Here I was thinking that you were being nice." Donghee scoffed, rolling her eyes. Even if it was just leftovers, she took the plate of food out of the fridge nonetheless.

The plate was just half a salmon, rice and beans on the side. There was barely any food but Donghee thought it was fine since she wasn't that hungry. Donghee heated up the food and then took a seat at the kitchen island to eat.

"You're surprisingly quiet. I thought you'd be like your brother and never shut your mouth." Jaemin suddenly spoke after Donghee ate the last piece on the plate.

"He's an extrovert, I'm not. If you think I wanna be anything like that idiot then you're basically calling me a psycho." Donghee deadpanned. Jaemin let out a low chuckle. Hearing the low octaves, a chain of shivers was sent down Donghee's spine.

"You remind me of an old friend.." Jaemin said quietly. Donghee couldn't help but hear the sad tone in his voice. It wasn't any of her business but she was curious - and curiousity always killed the cat.

"What were they like?" Donghee asked, turning her head to Jaemin while she gently placed the plate into the sink. Jaemin didn't know why he felt the need to tell someone he barely knew but he wanted the feelings off his chest.

"She..she was like a child stuck in the body of an adult. She was your age too. There was always a way for her to make everyone smile. I'm sure Mark told you something."
"All I know is you guys basically hate each other now because someone died. I'm assuming that someone is her." Donghee sat back down in her seat, giving her full attention to a sorrowful Jaemin.

"It is. She wasn't just someone though, she was everything. From being our sister, our cousin, our daughter, to a girlfriend of one of the others. It's sad to know she's gone but what can you do about it? There's no bringing her back from the dead." Jaemin plastered a bitter smile on his face.

He began to recall all the memories that he shared with the passed younger.

. . .

The sun was slowly setting. After breakfast, Jaemin had left to go on a mission. Donghee was left alone and spent her time in the bedroom. She did nothing but lie there on her laptop watching shows.

hyuck is calling...

"What do you want?"
"I went to your apartment thinking you'd be there but turns out it's trashed and you're living at Jeno's apartment, Mark told me. Anyway, I called because there was a package at your apartment door."
"What package? I didn't buy anything.."

Donghyuck said nothing. Donghee was beginning to get scared. Was she being targeted by her father or because of her father? Why her?

"Mark is gonna come pick you up." Her brother said nothing else before hanging up the phone call.

Donghee pulled her phone away from her ear, looking at her phone screen. She scoffed at the lack of care that her own brother showed towards her. It was almost like he acknowledged that Mark was more of a brother than him.

20 minutes passed and Donghee was on the back of Jisung's motorcycle with her arms around Mark's waist. The ride to the mansion was quiet, neither of them uttered a word or laughed.

When they arrived at the mansion, they were both immediately in the leader's view. He stared down at the two of them, Mark standing in front of the younger.

"So you're the girl that Mark brought over last time, I assume." Taeyong's voice was low and intimidating. Donghee had heard his voice over Mark's phone calls, but hearing it in person scared her even more.

"Hyung she's-"
"Don't," Mark immediately shut his mouth at the one word demand, "You're Donghyuck's sister, correct?" Donghee said nothing and only nodded her head. "Verbal." Taeyong's eyes bored into Donghee. "Y-yes th-that's right."
"Then the package is yours. Take it and go."
"Hyung-" Mark, again, shut his mouth when Taeyong sent him a glare.

"The living room." Three words and Mark was quick to take Donghee's wrist and drag her to the large living room.

Sitting on the living room couch sat three people: Donghyuck, Doyoung and Renjun. Taeyong walked into the living room soon after Mark and Donghee entered.

"Donghee,"
"Donghyuck,"

The two siblings stared into each other's eyes with no emotion evident. Their feelings were pushed down to the very bottom of their heart, hiding how they really felt bout their sibling bond.

"Your package," Donghyuck gestured to the medium sized cardboard box on the floor.
"It's not mine, I didn't order anything."
"It has your name, does it not?" Donghyuck raised a brow at the younger.
"You think I wouldn't know whether it was mine or not?" Donghee's voice came out strong, a bit stronger than she expected it to.

"Hee I think you should just open it here." Mark whispered to her. Donghee nodded her head, crouching down beside the box. With full force, she ripped apart the duct tape that kept the box closed.

Their eyes watched as she opened the box. Once it was open, Donghee gasped and clammed her eyes shut tight. Mark, in panic, crouched down beside her and covered her eyes while quietly whispering reassuring words to her.

"Mark.." her voice was barely audible. Donghyuck scoffed at the sight of the two, finding his sister unbelievably a coward.
"It's okay Hee, it's okay.." Mark gently caressed her head, letting her lean closely into his shoulder.

Doyoung stood up from the couch, walking over to the box and opening it for himself. The sight shocked even him. A heart, a human heart sealed in a zip lock back. A small letter was next to the bag;

i'll make sure your heart stops beating, just like this one.

Doyoung looked up from the letter in his hand and to the frail female that was crouched in Mark's reassuring arms. "She's being threatened." Doyoung turns the card to Mark, letting him read what was written on it.

"Blood Thorn, three members from Blood Thorn trashed her apartment while she wasn't home. I don't know what they want but I'm sure it has something to do with her dad." Mark's eyes trailed from Donghee to Donghyuck who sat callously.

"Do you know who?" Renjun asked, voice just as dull as Donghyuck's.
"Bae Daehyun, Jung Haru and Moon Jihoon." Mark answered.
"Okay and? She can deal with it herself, what does that have to do with us?" Donghyuck scoffed.
"Yah Lee Donghyuck! Do you not care for a single shit that happens in your sister's life?!" Mark yelled. He could already feel his blood boiling with anger.

"Honestly, no, no I don't. I'd rather have Hwayoung as a sister than her. Over my dead body would I care for her more than Hwayoung."

i swear hyuck isn't an asshole the whole book I PROMISE