Forty Nine: Ophelia

TRIGGER WARNING: talk of mental ab*se, word is mentioned

February 26, 2020
Seoul, South Korea

I hesitate to knock on the thick wood of the hotel room door. My hand is suspended in midair as I try to prepare myself for the incoming onslaught of questions and probably screaming once that door is opened. I take a deep breath and allow my hand to fall onto the surface. 

Instantly—before I can even knock a second time—I can hear the people behind the door screaming and running. They go silent only to pull me through the door and they throw me in the direction of one of the beds. My sunglasses sit crooked on my nose and I pull them off and set them beside me. 

"Jesus Christ!" I huff, flexing my arm. "Next time, can you not  dislocate my shoulder when you let me in? I can walk on my own, you know." 

"Oh, shut up!" Ara yells. "Tell us everything, I need details! Is Namjoon married?" 

"Oh my god, how many kids does he have!" Rose gasps. 

I look at them for a second. There's a cart behind them with cookies and cake, probably from room service. They did  tell me they've been ordering nonstop when they have time in the hotel. 

"Are you guys actually getting out in the city, or are you just gonna keep ordering room service?" 

Ara scoffs in offense. "Um, excuse you, we've been out." 

"Have you not seen my Snapchat stories today?" Rose asks in disbelief. 

"Sorry, it's been a little hectic with all the meetings and everything this morning." 

"Well, we got Isaac Toast for breakfast," Ara mumbles, picking under her nails. "Just so you know, it's definitely not overhyped. But you'll have tons of time to try it over the rest of your life." 

"I can't believe they actually dyed your hair," Rose says, reaching out and touching my now brown hair. I reach up and touch it myself. "I loved the purple." 

"Me too," I sigh. "But it's pretty easy to recognize someone with purple hair in the streets. They dyed it yesterday before we even left the venue. They don't waste any time." 

"No kidding," Ara chimes in. "They already released the announcement and everything. That's one soulmate officially found. For real this time." 

"Yeah, now tell us that Namjoon has four kids, please!" Rose pouts, attempting to look cute. 

I sigh again. "Well, actually Namjoon's not the married one." 

Ara throws a cookies at me and Rose stands up to stomp her foot on the floor. 

"YOU'RE KIDDING ME? THIS IS A JOKE." 

"Boo, you whore," Ara mutters, quoting Mean Girls. 

"Wow, not even gonna let me finish. He's not married, but he has met his soulmate. And so have Jungkook, Yoongi, Taehyung, and now Jin too. Yoongi is the married one—" 

"SAY WHAT?" they cry out in unison. 

"—and Jungkook is engaged. Namjoon is still single because his soulmate is in a relationship with a women. They're having a baby together and Namjoon is the baby's godfather. I think that's all the gossip." 

They stare at me in silence. 

"Oh, and Yoongi's also having a kids," I add. 

"Well shit," Ara mutters. "Jungkook and Yoongi? The two notorious bachelors?"