Rwby Vol. 8 Part 4

--No POV--

Robyn: *chuckles* You should've seen the look on Joanna's face! I don't think she ever lost a fight before that, at least, not fair and square.

Silence only answered her story. Jacques was getting raped by a fly while Qrow kept looking at Clover's medallion.

Robyn: Tough crowd tonight, guess Ironwood should've paid more for cellblock entertainment. (Qrow lets out a scoff as he smirks) And he smiles! Did I win? | Qrow: Ey its your game, I don't make the rules. | Robyn:...I'm sorry, for what happened. It wasn't your fault. | Qrow: It was though.

Qrow: I made a deal with the darkness, and he paid the price. It was all happening so fast, but Clover wouldn't let up. We could have worked against Tyrian if Clover just...but the thing that really stings, for the first time in a while, I thought maybe, maybe I could be around somebody, anybody, without my semblance making it complicated. And now, it just feels like a childish dream. Gone, like everybody else...

Robyn: Believe it or not, I know a little of what that's like. When people are worried you're gonna sniff out their secrets, they tend to push you away. It makes a real connection...difficult. | Qrow: *the door to their containment opens up* I never thought of it that way...

The guards throw Watts back into his hard-light cell and reactivated its walls. With them, Marrow watched from the door as Harriet walks toward Qrow.

Harriet: *talking about Clover's medallion* You don't get to keep that. | Qrow: I didn't kill him. | Harriet: Hm, you keep saying that, but it was your weapon covered in his blood. (Qrow sighs, knowing that its useless to fight against her) | Robyn: If you really want to know what happened, mohawk, why not open the cell and take my hand? | Harriet: Hmph, if I open this cell, it won't be to shake hands... | Robyn: Yeah, because you don't care about the truth. You just want someone to be mad at. (scoffs) Easier than taking an honest look at what side you're on.

Harriet lets out another 'hmph' as she looks at the holographic numpad.

Marrow: Hare? What are you doing? | Harriet: Tch... (brushes past him) nothing...

Robyn: *lays down on her stone bed* Well, that was almost exciting

--In the snowy outskirts of Mantle, Jack's POV--

Chasing the Grimm into the snow-tipped plains, it flies toward the distant Whale-like Grimm over the horizon.

Jaune: He's going to lose us in these mountains! We can't keep up! | Ren: *his bike starts to malfunction* I don't know how much longer these bikes can stand the cold! | Jack: I'm really wishing we brought either Y/n or William with us right now! | Niko: Can't you fly as well? | Jack: By controlling the air, yeah, but I need more practice if I want to use it more frequently! | Jaune: Wait, hold on! (readies his shield as he drives beside Ren) Ren! I'm going to get you up there.

Ren jumps from his bike to Jaune's shield and he launched the long-haired emo boi via his repulsion ability. Ren shot his grapples at the Grimm and was able to hook unto him.

Yang: Nice! (he and Yang shares a high-five) | Niko: Woah! (however, Jaune almost lost control of the bike when he did)

Ren crashed against the side of the cliff walls as the Grimm tried to shake him off.

Yang: Okay, not as nice. | Jaune: Slowing him down. | Niko: Hold on Ren! | Ren: I don't have much of a choice!

Ren shot his other grapple and hooks around a large rock, effectively slowing down the Grimm more. However, it only took one burst of speed and the hook lost its grip on the boulder. Yang and I drove/ran up and get higher ground, shooting out guns at the Grimm to try and get him back to the ground. It ignored our bullets and flies forward, letting out a roar that echoed between the mountains. The ground began rumbling as hordes of Grimm centipedes burst forth from the ground below and around us.