eight

"Do not hesitate to call me if anything happens. I will get on a helicopter if I have to," my mom said to me as she held my shoulders.

"Will do, Mom," I laughed before hugging her and my dad bye.

I turned toward Sadie and her family before following them onto the ship.  Devin didn't come to drop me off because our parents said he couldn't bring Oliver.  Understandable.

"We got you two a separate room from us, just so you know," Sadie's dad smiled at us.

Sadie and I smiled widely at each other as we began to walk a bit faster. The staff on the ship showed us to our room and we threw our things onto our beds.

"My mom was telling me about how they do these 'teen party' things every night so the parents can have time without us, do you want to go?" Sadie asked as she began to fix her makeup using the vanity mirror.

"Yeah," I said as I walked toward the bathroom.

It was like a hotel: stocked with toiletries. The shampoo bottles were a bit bigger than the usual travel size, probably so they didn't have to replace them as often.

However, I liked to live life on the edge, so I shoved them in my bag so they would have no choice to put new ones.

They are a multimillion-dollar company, they can spare a few shampoo bottles.

As I zipped up my bag, there was a knock at the door.

"Hi," Sadie said and I sat on my bed, waiting for whoever it was to walk in.

"Hey," Press said as he sat next to me, "Care to finish what you started?"

My eyes went wide. Did he remember?

"I'm kidding," he laughed, "but I really would have no problem with it."

"I am really sorry about that," I apologized for kissing him.

Sadie laughed at the whole interaction. I had already told her what happened, and she and Monroe found it hilarious. I mean, other than the making out with Marcus part.

"Are you going to the party tonight?" Sadie asked Press as she sat on her bed.

"Nah, I was just going to sleep, but if you guys are going, I might change my mind," he smirked at the both of us.

"We definitely are going," Sadie said as she turned around so that she was no longer facing him.

He stood up, ready to leave, "I'll see you guys there then."

Press left and we decided to go get something to eat since the drive was a little long. 

We grabbed our phones before heading to the buffet-style cafeteria. Sadie was vegan, so there weren't very many options for her but she managed to make a good-looking meal.

I, on the other hand, was not vegan.  I filled my plate with anything that looked even remotely good.

We sat at a table and decided to look at everyone else here.  It wasn't just people from our city, there were people we had never seen before too.

"So, Lin, I heard you got a dog," she smiled widely, ready for me to show her a picture.

I gladly did so as I explained that Devin was hogging him, so I didn't really get to see him that often.

"He's adorable, you have to let me meet him when we get back."

I agreed to it with a nod as I took a bite of my corn on the cob.  We ate for about an hour while we FaceTimed Monroe, who suggested that we get a hot guy's number for her.  Sadie gladly agreed to make that a priority when we went to the party.