Chapter 44

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

I walked into the living room to find Ace and Kai taking off their wet coats. I looked around and spotted Elric's shoes tucked away in a corner. Luckily they didn't see.

"Oh it's you guys. And where's Rehan?" I gave them my best normal act.

"Said he was working today and tomorrow. Something about gathering enough money for a turkey." Ace replied.

"For going to Turkey." Kai corrected him, annoyed.

"That's um great." I observed them carefully if they were gonna go up to their rooms or lay around in the living room.

And I got unlucky.

Ace and Kai spread on the couch and turned on Netflix.

"Francy are you joining us?"

"No." I said annoyed and walked towards the front door opening it and putting Elric's shoes outside. "Oh you made a mess here. Didn't I tell you guys before to leave your wet shoes outside or mom will yell."

They ignored me as always but it was the perfect chance for doing so. I put Elric's shoes outside and then I tiptoed back to my room.

I almost hit Elric as I walked in.

"I told you to hide." I whispered.

"I needed to know if someone was coming and you walked like a mouse. Who walks that quietly?" He replied.

"They are blocking your exit. I managed to put your shoes outside before they saw them."

"What now?" He asked me. "Do we wait for them to leave to their rooms?"

I covered my face. "I'm so sorry for this."

"It's okay. Just tell me if we should wait for them."

"They will not move their ass from that couch. And it's risky to wait. The only exit is through my window, into the garden, running over the fence, grabbing your shoes from the front door and then going to your car which is insane as it is.... Oh my god where did you park the car?" I panicked.

"The car is parked further down so I could avoid this." He explained calmly.

I wanted to cry. Stupid brothers and their stupid timing.

"They are usually never at home at this time." I complained.

"Because Ace is at my place every Friday. Most of the time." Elric said with a guilty expression. "It's okay. I'll run through the window and leave like that."

"It's pouring rain outside." I said shaking my head. "If it was better weather than maybe but like this.."

"It's fine." He smiled. "Stop worrying that much." He sighed. "Now this makes so much sense. I mean this is why we broke up in the first place right. To avoid shit like this."