PS: Don't Go Around Granting Wishes

Out of all the places I could wind up, it had to be here. In case you're wondering what I'm talking about...let me to tell you in simple terms.

    I was under a tree.

   Not a joke or some kind of metaphor. I was literally under a tree. And not the 'I-am-standing-under-a-tree' kind of under. More like 'I-am-buried-under-the-ground-and-there-is-a-tree-growing-above-me' kind of under.

   How do I know that? Well, I knew I was underground because of the wet mud and rocks around me. How do I know I'm under a tree? Well, that probably had something to do with the fact that there were numerous roots poking in and out of me.

   If you're wondering why I'm not dead, then I've got only one word for you: I am in a dream

   Okay, I might have miscounted the words...Nevermind. So here I was, minding my own business, buried under a tree, when the ground starts shaking. Ever experienced an earthquake? It gets a LOT worse if you're inside the earth...even when you're a ghost.

   All of a sudden, I started falling. I mean, of all the things that could happen when buried, I started falling. I couldn't see how long or how fast as everything around me was dark and there was no way to orient myself. Then suddenly, I became still. I saw three lights and those lights morphed into the shapes of three ladies.

   They approached me from three different directions and were getting a bit too close for my liking. I put my hand up and the three ladies stopped right in their spots. They gained a look of horror on their perfect faces. Guess they weren't expecting that.

   "So...you often ambush charming young people? Or is it just me?" I asked in a sarcastic manner.

   The women's faces turned into an inhuman snarl. I must say, it was creepy. The three ladies then spoke together in an all mysterious voice. I hate it when people do that...it's unnerving.

   "We are the Norns" they said. "The nuns? I cannot handle another pantheon right now!" I said in exasperation. "The Norns!" They yelled back, their voices still in the creepy sync.

   "Tomayto-tomahto" I replied in pure irritation. These dreams were getting longer and longer as the days passed. The Norns looked like they wanted to rip me to shreds right then and there. They didn't have any talons, that I could see, but I doubt that that would stop them. You know what could stop them?

   Me, in all of my awesomeness. Just kidding...maybe.

   "We have always been able to access the flow the time...predicting the future in all of its outcomes. The world has been changing in the past month...our connection to the River of Time has been severed. And we want to know why" they said in unison. I mentally made a note to look up the River of Time in the celestial search engine...once I find a celestial search engine.

   "So you're not in control anymore, hmm. How bout...stop bothering me and go see a therapist!" I retorted. If I can spend my entire life doing the bidding of some celestial being, then I'm pretty sure that these hags can spend a few more days like this.

   "We want to know! What about her! How did she get her gifts?!" They screeched. Now I was confused. Who were they talking about? What abilities? If I had a dime for every question that I had in my life, I'm pretty sure I would be sitting in a beach house, sipping margaritas by now.

   "I think you might be confused. I don't know anyone named 'her'" I said, shrugging. That seemed to do the trick. The three ladies pounced on me but just before they could reach, I was suddenly pulled upwards. 

   I came out of the tree and was now face to face with my friend-for-a-day; Olivia. I waved at her, not knowing what else to do, and she waved back at me with a broad smile. For some reason, she too looked like me; a ghost. 

   She floated away, wait what?, and motioned me to follow. What do you do when you're a ghost and another ghost asks you to follow you to an unknown location you ask? Why, you follow them of course! It's common sense...right?

   I looked around to see that I was in a familiar place, the dining hall of the slain. She sat on one of the tables and  slid next to her. The food stains were still fresh on the wood but I had a feeling that they would be gone by the end of the day. Speaking of which, was it a Tuesday...or June?

   "Forgive the Norns. They tend to get cranky when they can't see the future" she said in a voice that sounded raspier than before. In fact, she sounded like she had gone through puberty all over again. 

   Don't tell her I said that...I might not live to regret it.

   She had a weird aura around her. I had noticed the aura halfway during my previous visit to Valhalla but it was faint. It seems to have grown. I thought back to when I had first sensed it. I remember that it was after the gift shop and the luggage carrying...oh no. 

   "Olivia..." I asked cautiously, "What did you wish for when I gave you that marble?" Olivia smiled, like I had finally figured out something that she was waiting for me to.

   "Well, despite being the daughter of the war god, Tyr, I never felt at home with my siblings. I always felt left out...that is, until I got them. I wasn't sure that they would work at first but they surprised me. Now I can help the others in a much better way". She said, still smiling.

   "What...did you wish for?" I asked cautiously once again. Okay fine! I get it! I should not just go around, handing people what they wished for. I'm not a genie for heaven's sakes. Olivia sighed and replied in a soft tone.

   "I wished for the ability to see the future...at least parts of it" she said and I closed my eyes in frustration. I was gonna get in trouble with Lucifer soon. I sighed and rubbed my forehead in irritation.

                                  "Crap" I said

<Remember to vote>