Chapter 33: Believe myself or Believe in myself

"There are two types of people in the world, those who prefer to be sad among others, and those who prefer to be sad alone.
                                                          ~Nicole Krauss

I apologize for not updating as usual, finals are coming this week and the end of school is near. I may not update now, but once school is done in a week or so, I will be constant with the updates!!!

Quick question: do you guys want longer chapters or shorter chapters because I feel like these chapters are short which results into more chapters being added. I don't really wanna make this book way too long because of the short chapters. If it's longer chapters they may take a while, but if it's shorter chapters they'll come often.

 If it's longer chapters they may take a while, but if it's shorter chapters they'll come often

You slowly opened your eyes to see that you were inside an abandoned house. You looked around seeing how objects were shattered on the floor, vines were growing near the window, and the strong stench of wood flooding your senses.  Other than the appearance and smell of the house, the furniture still seemed quite new.

You slowly sat up from the sheets you were laying on. You looked down to see the clothes you were wearing a while ago.

'What happened to me?'

You heard footsteps echoing the hallway to your right. Your heart was drumming at an alarming speed. You grabbed the closest thing next to you, which was a shard from a vase and held onto it. As the door opened, your grip on the shard tightened.

The door was opened by your dear friend, Hoseok.

The deathly grip you had on the shard disappeared,  you let out a breath of relief.

"It's just you, don't scare me like that idiot!" You threw a random object at him. Hoseok had swiftly caught it with one hand. Your parents had entered the room as well, from the same door Hoseok came from.

"I'm not going to question why you all were in the same room." The just gave you a stare.

"I don't know exactly where we are, but we have to help each other get out of this place." You continued.

"Why would we help you? Don't you have all this power, help yourself." Hoseok sneered with a hard stare.

"What? When did you start speaking with sass?" You asked in disbelief. Hoseok just continued to give you his creepy stare.

"Why should we help you? You aren't our daughter. You're a monster." Your 'mother' crossed her arms. Your father had smirked at the snarky response from your mother. The door had opened again, there came Seojun.

'What the hell is going on in that room?'

"That's why I left, it's because you're a monster."

"I'm not a monster!" You shouted at them with rage, who were they to judge you for having something you cannot control.

"Just let go, the demons are your family."