Fifteen

fuck i kinda forgot about this story— i am so sorry— but remember my promise; even if i don't have a certain update schedule, i will try my hardest to finish the book <3

btw thanks for 600!!

"n-no, sir. you must've heard wrong. i told huening kai here, 'lets get some chicken wings, man!' because he said we was hungry!" the manager covered.

kai in the other hand froze in his spot, it was as if his whole life flashed before his eyes as he saw the director standing before them, a suspicious frown painted on his face. all in all, the young idol was shocked with the fact that his manager could come up with a somewhat believable lie on the spot like that.

"well if you're hungry, mr huening, i suppose you could head over there to the snacks stall. we just ordered fried chicken." the director informed before walking away.

"you totally saved my ass back there, hyung!" kai whisper yelled when he was sure the director was already too far away to hear them. "damn right, i did. you owe me one, kiddo." the manager snorted. "wow totally felt the sincerity in your sentiment there, my guy." the idol rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"i was just kidding! of course, no problem. i am your wingman after all, aren't i?" he asked, emphasizing the word 'wingman'. scoffing as he pushed the manager away, kai said, "whatever. i'm actually hungry. come with me to the fried chicken stall." he rolled his eyes.

"achoo." the female idol sneezed. "what's wrong? did you catch a cold?" ms. manager asked. "no— at least, i don't think i did?" yuna answered hesitantly.

"have you heard of the superstition; if you sneeze out of nowhere, someone is talking about you?" the manager asked out of no where. "of course i do. i mean, who hasn't? but it's just a superstition so, i don't really believe it." the itzy maknae laughed.

"oh look, your husband is eating friend chicken, you should join him!" the female manager encourage, which made yuna blush a dark shade of red. "eonni! stop!" she whined, smacking her manager's shoulder.

"who knows, maybe he's the one talking about you since you sneezed earlier." the said manager continued nonchalantly. "shut up!! that's most probably not it!" yuna whisper yelled, blushing harder this time.

"would you mind dating him, though?" the manager asked out of the blue. "w-what? why would you ask me that? that's.... an odd... question...." yuna trailed off as she was too busy staring at kai who was enjoying his chicken.

"please, your face and actions says it all. you do like him, don't you?" the manager asked as she snorted. regaining herself, yuna snapped out of her trance before pushing the manager away, "fuck you! no i don't!!" she denied.

"mhm, keep telling yourself that. i'm just going to pretend to believe you." the manager said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes (a/n: manager pls adopt me).

"fuck you." yuna grunted under her breath.

▁▂▃▄▆✧▆▄▃▂▁

"achoo," kai sneezed as he drank his glass of fresh orange juice. "are you okay?" his manager— well, wingman asked. "yeah, i'm fine. probably just dust." he answered calmly.

▁▂▃▄▆✧▆▄▃▂▁

"you guys!" the director exclaimed as everyone was eating dinner. all eyes turned to look at him who now has a wide smile plastered on his face. "tomorrow is our last day in jeju, and so there will be no filming tomorrow! feel free to do whatever, but remember, be back at the hotel by 7pm!" he announced happily, earning cheers from everyone.

"fucking finally." yuna cursed under her breath. "what was that?" kai who was beside her asked. "nothing. i'm just so done with this pretend bullshit." yuna said, her eyes remained composed at the director.

"so you're saying you'd be happy it if it was real?" kai asked quietly. fortunately for him, yuna didn't catch that, "what was that?" she asked. shaking his head aggressively, kai exclaimed, "oh i was just agreeing with you!" he laughed nervously.

"um, okay.. whatever you say..." yuna sighed as she took another bite at her pasta.

"say what about we go somewhere together tomorrow?" kai asked, sipping his coffee. "what?! are you insane! do you not remember what happened last time we were together?" yuna exclaimed.

"i almost died because your fans threw raw eggs at me!!" yuna yelled. laughing, kai defended, "no, they threw the raw eggs at me." he corrected.

"that's just because your dumb ass decided to jump in front of me and take the hit!" yuna retorted. "hey, be grateful i did that! i was just doing a good deed that any decent human being would do!" the latter bickered back.

"whatever, now let me eat this in peace." she said as she took another bite of her pasta. "you haven't given me an answer yet, yuna." kai said in a stern and serious tone, which kind of caught the female idol off guard due to the fact that kai barely ever call her 'yuna'.

it was always a mean insult like expired shit, or einstein head, or whatever. but never yuna.

"geez, you gave me goose bumps." yuna shivered. "don't say my name like that!" she exclaimed. "like what?" he asked back in a confused manner.

"like— like— like that!!" yuna stuttered frantically. "what do you mean? dont everyone call you this way?" kai asked, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

you do like him, don't you?

those words ran around her head like a marathon.

yelling in frustration, yuna exclaimed, "whatever, i'll think about it! get away from me!!" she yelled before running away to her hotel room with a red face.

"adorable— wait, what am i saying?" kai gasped as he realized what he was about to say.

go ask her out, then!

"fuck i— i unconsciously asked her out. was that why she ran off?" kai thought as he himself started to blush a shade of red. "what the fuck is wrong with me?" he muttered as he stood up from the table, getting ready to leave.

"leaving so soon?" his manager asked. kai nodded and came up with a lie, "yeah, i'm kinda tired today." he said which earned a nod from the said manager.

the two idols fell asleep in their respective rooms, unaware of what fate will bring them the next day.

—end  of chapter fifteen
the managers are the
presidents of the yunkai
nation prove me wrong >:(