66: UNO

I'm dropped off at the front porch of a familiar mansion that isn't my home soon after which Jason rushes back to meet the rest at the hospital, but the look in his eyes suggested otherwise.

Greeted by Seb's familiar face as soon as I step foot on his front porch, he guides me inside towards the kitchen. Offering me something to eat—which I decline—he proceeds to ask me some question while maintaining great caution in crafting his words.

"You can stop treating me like I'm some glass doll, trust me," I grumble in irritation.

"Sorry," he mumbles in acknowledgment, and I just plainly nod accepting his apology.

"Miss Jonas brought over some of your clothes, so you can go ahead and use the guestroom you stayed over at," he says passing me a bag that contained my clothes.

Nodding, I take the bag and run upstairs wincing with every step as the fabric of my leggings rub against my raw skin exposed due to the fall.

Entering the room, I jump straight into the shower only to regret it moments later when the warm welcoming water makes contact with my not-so-welcoming bruises and cuts.

"Shit!" I curse under my breath and grinding my teeth together I wait for the sting to pass of only to bring it back by applying soap.

My shower doesn't run long and I'm soon out of there in fresh clothes and damp hair that is clinging to my face like a child to its mother on their first day of school!

Flopping on the bed I let out a sigh before letting my mind wander aimlessly back to the attack and my situation as a whole. But pulling me out of my thoughts a knock reverberates through the room

"It's open!" I call out.

The door is pushed open to reveal Seb. "Just came to check on those burns," he explains making his way towards the room. I nod in acknowledgment and he directs his strides towards the bathroom.

Walking out with the first-aid kit, I roll up my sleeves and leggings to expose the damage. Wincing as I pull the fabric over my raw skin, I visually examine the damage for myself.

"It isn't that bad," he remakes studying my expressions.

"I know, it just looks like crap," I point out, my eyes still glued to my knee.

"Hey, no swearing," he admonishes.

"I said crap, not shit, so technically I didn't swear," I point out.

"Well, you just did, smarty-pants," he chuckles earning an eye roll from me

Dabbing an antiseptic swab against my skin I try to divert my attention from its sting. Once done with this legal form of torture, he carefully secures the spots of the cuts by wrapping them in gauze.

"So—"

"Don't even bother asking me if I'm alright, because I'm not," I add cutting him off quickly burying my head in my pillow.

"I wasn't going to," he remarks gaining my attention causing me to peek a glance at him from between my arms that are wrapped around the pillow.

"What then?" I ask when I don't see any signs of him finishing his previous sentence.

"I was going to ask you if you wanted to play a game of Uno. Considering our circumstance, and the look in your eyes, I don't think either of us is getting any sleep anytime soon," he explains.

"Um...sure," I shrug pulling myself off the bed and following Seb into the living room.

Taking my place on the carpeted floor, I sit crisscrossed and wait for Seb to return with the pack of cards. Cursing myself for forgetting my phone, I realize that there is no way for me to keep tabs on Liam's condition.