11

James groaned as he took the thermometer out of his mouth, he had a fever and felt like death. "On my favorite holiday!" He exclaimed as he threw the blanket over his head. "I only have two halloweens left at Hogwarts and I have to spend this one sick in bed! Who cursed me?"

"Calm down Jamsie, I'll throw a party for you the second you get better. You can wear your costume then, ok?" Sirius said as he threw on some sweatpants.

"Not good enough, I need the full experience and I'm missing it! I won't even get to see Lilys costume, I bet she's going to look amazing. Like she always does..."

Sirius rolled his eyes, "I'll be right back, don't leave that bed!" He said pointing a harsh finger at the boy.

•••

Arabella smiled as she looked at the shoes for the costume the three friends had decided on a month or so ago.  She was excited for tonight, for more than just one reason.

Lily had told her a few minutes ago that James was sick and wouldn't be able to attend the party in the common room tonight, and though the knee Halloween was his favorite holiday, she couldn't help but be more excited.

This meant that she may finally have alone time with Remus. Ever since the last full moon two weeks ago, the two had been growing closer. However, James did allow the two any alone time. Whenever the two were alone either he or Sirius would make sure to be in the room. Maybe tonight the two would finally have their chance.

"I'm so happy that Halloween is on a Saturday!" Marlene said falling back onto her bed. "We can get drunk and not be hungover during class!"

"Last year was good too considering we didn't have classes the next day." Arabella said sitting down at her desk and starting on my makeup.

"Yea, but we had barely any time to get ready for the party." Marlene said doing the same.

"Two hours is plenty or time Marls." Lily said walking into the room. She had been getting the girls costumes from hogsmeade. "This is for you." She said handing a box to Arabella. "And this is for you." She handing Marlene hers.

Arabella opened the box excitedly and smiled brightly as her eyes landed on the dark, red corset. She held it up to shower Marlene.

"Aw, Bella that costume is so hot!" Marlene said looking at the corset and wings she was holding up. "Where is the skirt?" She said walking over. Arabella pulled out the black mini skirt that laid underneath the corset, "Remus is very lucky." She said with a wink.

"Oh shut up!" Arabella laughed, throwing a pillow at Marlene as she ran away giggling.

"Bella!" A voice yelled from outside the door. It swung open revealing Sirius who stood in the doorway wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt. "Can you do my Halloween makeup pleaseeee!" He said as he began to walk into the room.

"You want me to do makeup?" Arabella asked turning to face the boy, "What kind?"

"Some fake blood or something, I need battle scars." He said walking over to sit on the girls bed.

"Yea, I guess so. Shouldn't be too hard." She shrugged and walked over to the boy with her makeup bag.

"Is this your costume-" he said reaching out to pick up the small corset.

She slapped his hand away, "Don't touch."

"Ouch." He said holding his hand where she slapped him.

"Oh that didn't hurt... can I do full face?" Arabella asked, her eyes lighting up.

"What?"

"Ya know, like actual makeup! Mascara, foundation, all that stuff." She asked excited.

"Absolutely... not."

"But you would look so pretty!" She begged holding him by his shoulders.

"I'm already pretty." He said flipping his hair over his shoulder.

"But you could be even prettier!" She said now shaking him.

"I don't think that's possible." He said cockily.

"Believe me, it is."

"Only my eyes."

"I'll take what I can get!" She said pulling out her eyeliner brush and beginning to do his eyes. "Dude stop moving!" She yelled as he squirmed in his seat.

"I can't, I'm hyper!" He said bouncing his leg.

"Stop it!" She slapped his shaking leg.

"Owie." He said with a pout.

"Darling, I did not hit you that hard." She said rolling her eyes as she focused on his makeup.

Something in Sirius shifted, he felt a light blush form in his cheeks as she called him darling, something she hadn't done to him before.

Marlene watched the two from across the room with a knowing smile. Arabella may not have noticed the boy blush, but Marlene certainly did.

"Why are you laughing?" She groaned as the boy began to laugh.

"It tickles." He said with a big smile.

A few minutes later the girl had finished his eyes and fake scars, "There ya go big boy." She said backing up to admire her work.

"Thank you, Bells!" Sirius said jumping up out of the chair and hugging her tightly.

"You're welcome." Arabella laughed as he rocked them back and forth.

"See you later!" He said skipping out of the girls room.

Arabella turned around to face Marlene and Lily who were looking at her with large smiles. "What?" Arabella asked as her smile dropped.

"Nothing, nothing." Lily said turning around.

"Remus is the one you like?" Marlene asked with a smirk.

"What? You- what?" She looked at the two like they were crazy.

"You and Sirius look pretty cute over there. Very flirty." Marlene said going back to her makeup.

"Me and Sirius? Flirty?" She laughed, "Nope. That's never going to happen."