Chapter 6: Boys Will Be Boys

Monday morning I woke up not feeling very refreshed. I felt stupid for telling Vonté about what Ryan said. I laid in bed not wanting to move, I couldn't help but stare at the wooden ceiling that laid above me. I wish I could sleep all day and erase the fact that I'm Vonté's girlfriend. I don't know what made me say yes or what made me tell Vonté about Ryan but I just did.

I reluctantly rolled to the edge of the bed placing my feet on the cold, hardwood floor. I set on the bed for a few minutes until I could force myself to walk to the bathroom. Reaching the bathroom I stripped all of my clothes off throwing them into the hamper. I brushed my teeth, then washed my face, after finishing I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Walking slowly to the shower, I turned it on feeling the water on my hand testing its hotness. I jumped in and just stood under the shower head what felt like eternity. I washed my body slowly then rinsing off the soap. Turning off the water, finally wrapping a towel around myself and stepping back into my bedroom.

**************************
•One Hour later•

First I parked in my regular parking space, turned my engine off, stared out the front window, closed my eyes and shook my head. I really don't want to be here, I want to drive back home and lay in bed but I can't. I looked down at what I was wearing and shook my head again. Today, due to my depressed state, I wore an oversized navy jogging suit and black Nike mesh gym shoes.

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for uniform but it really wouldn't matter. Reaching for my bag in the backseat and grabbing my phone, I started to get out of the car. Before fully getting out, my ponytail hit the car ceiling. Overdramatizing the situation, I had a little temper tantrum, I began hitting the horn repeatedly, hitting it as hard as I could. I feel like I'm losing myself. Taking a few deep breaths before fully removing myself from my car.

I can't wait to get school over with, I ran to the front entrance and ran as fast as I could to my first hour. I don't want to talk to anyone or even see anyone for that matter. Placing the weekend's homework in the 'homework' bin, I quickly made my way to my seat in the back of the room while scooting lower in my chair.

***************************
•End of Third Hour•

Today it seemed like time was going as slow as possible. I pushed my way through the double doors on the third floor. As I was walking down the hall to English, I looked down for a split second. When I looked back up, I immediately ran into someone's strong, muscular chest. I looked up and came in contact with those bright colored eyes, I didn't know what to say so I moved around him and continued walking. Ryan lightly wrapped his large hand around my arm, pulling me back toward him. I turned around looking him in his eyes again. He stared at me for a moment taking in my appearance, he must think I look ugly.

"What's wrong?" Ryan finally spoke, bending down so we were eye to eye.

"I think I'm coming down with a cold." I lied, while faking a cough. He made a sad face then stood at his normal height.

"I wanted to talk to you about Saturday.." He said looking away from me, then looking back at me. Like he was thinking about something.

"It's all in the past, we both said stuff we really shouldn't have." I responded looking down at the floor, I didn't feel like talking about it at all.

"Yeah you're right, you know I was thinking...maybe we should be friends, ya know talk and shit." Ryan spoke with extreme seriousness in this voice. Which didn't help me at all, I could feel myself getting nervous.

"Yeah, I mean....that would be cool." He reached out and took hold of my small hands. The more the conversation went on, the more it seemed he didn't want to make eye contact with me.