Chapter Twenty one

Third person pov

" Jennette I am planning to go to The Palace tomorrow . Let's go together "

Roger said as he read the documents on his hand.

" Pardon ? "

Jennette asked as she was surprised to visit the palace so suddenly

" I was originally planed to go with Ijekiel but he said he'd be busy . Please come with me in his stead "

He said as he explained as simply as possible while reading a document

" Aren't you worried about the sick prince and the Emperor ? He refused to see an audience but you will be able to see his face from afar "

Roger said as he tempted Jennette to go to Palace with him

" T-then I will go ! "

Jennette said without thinking twice about it

" Alright then , you can go to your room "

Roger said as he rubbed his forehead from the amount of documents about sudden natural disasters happening around the Empire.

" Yes"

Jennette said as she left for her room and when she opened her room , she saw Athanasia munching on some snacks while reading a book

" To the palace ? "

Athanasia asked after Jennette was done explaining about the recent conversation she had with Roger Alpheus.

" Yes . He wants to take me on Ijekiel's behalf "

Jennette said as she nodded her head

' oh ! Is it alright for me to tell the princess who left the palace that I am going to palace ? I wonder if I am not being considerate enough ..... '

Jennette thought as she felt quite guilty

" So I won't be here tomorrow at noon "

Jennette said as she felt really nervous at what Athanasia's answer will be

" I see , Have safe travels . "

Athanasia said as she glanced at Jennette

' is that it ? '

Jennette thought confusedly .

' I want to go home too.... Shall I also ?'

Athanasia thought as she remembered the precious memory she spent at the palace with everyone.

Meanwhile with Athanese , he was getting quite frustrated at the amount of work in front of him. He wanted to scream and throw a tantrum but he couldn't since Claude and he are sharing his office right now .

Athanese sighed at the amount of work infront of him and noticed that Claude had double the amount of the work he had.

' now I feel bad for whoever ends up being the Emperor '

Athanese thought as he started doing his work one by one

' it's at least a good thing that I stopped attending the court meetings unless it's absolutely necessary . Now , I can still feel father's mana reserves acting weird from time to time and he also gets constant headache . It is also hard for me to make him sleep. It's already been some days since I started to help Claude to sleep with my magic. My control in using Mana has increased but I feel really exhausted nowadays .

Father seems to have trouble focusing on things and sleeping. Only jennette can make it go away but that will only work as a temporary method . I shouldn't let Jennette get close to father for now since she has contact with that black haired man and who knows when he will do something like what he did back then '