foreword

The story of Harry Potter and all its characters belongs to J.K. Rowling.

This fanfic was written and edited from 2016 through to 2018. It's a soft Draco fic. It's not slow-burn, and there is no smut. The "mature" tag was added by Wattpad, presumably as a warning of major character death.

The sequel (dear draco, pt. 2) can be found on my profile. The reason that I decided to write the sequel was because dear draco, blew up unexpectedly and I was suddenly responsible for many tears, and I felt guilty about it. I wrote dear draco, several years ago and there is little hope to be found in the ending. dear draco, pt. 2 can be viewed as a continuation of the story or an alternative ending, whichever you prefer.

It is not strictly necessary to read dear draco, before its sequel, as the two stories are quite different. dear draco, pt. 2 includes references to scenes and events in the first book, but I think it is possible to get by without having read it.

Another few things I wanted to mention:

The only translations I have approved can be found in a list on my profile. I have not read most of these translations, but I am in communication with the translators. If there is ever an issue regarding a translation, please message me. If there exists a translation of this story that is not in that list, I have not approved it.

Should you read a translation (of dear draco, or any story), please be mindful of the work that goes into translating. These writers cannot be expected to start translating the minute I upload each chapter, they have their own work schedules.

The only trigger warning for this story is major character death. Please contact me if you can think of another t/w that should be included.

One more thing I wanted to say :) is that I really do not understand the desire to openly slate other people's fanfics, particularly the kind that have clearly been created by young people, for young people. These are stories that have been written for fun and posted to the internet for free. I think it would do us all well to be a little kinder.

That's all!! This foreword was written on 19th April 2021, so a few years later than I should have added it lol - anyway, if you're reading this, I hope you enjoy the story.