Scared

"Scared of the same person who once felt like home."

"What do you mean? I just described him." She looked at him with sad eyes. 

"Rose, there is a lot of person with dark brown eyes and dark brown curly hair. I bet you saw many of this type of person after your amnesia," Arnold says with a sad smile.

"But his eyes are a chocolate brown...I..." She tried.

He held her hands and looked in the eye, "Rose, calm down, this information is not enough."

Rose looked at her lap, she noticed soon that Rick was not there, and had probably gone to bring water. If she told Rick then would he help her? Or really this information was not enough? 

Then if it was enough then why Arnold was not helping?

She sighed and looked at him, "Okay."

Then Ethan came with water and helped Rose up, "Have you spoken to Shawn?"

She sighed, "No, not yet." She was thinking about speaking to Shawn but She just found out about her past friend and she was busy.

"Please, go and talk to him, he is in the tent," he told. Then they were approaching his tent and suddenly Eric said, "I don't think it's a good idea, little one," She furrowed her eyebrows, "Why?" 

He sighed and said, "Look, Rose, I'm warning you, he hasn't come out of his tent and didn't eat anything."

"So? I'm gonna make him eat" She rested her hands on her waist.

Eric laughs, "Little one, always remember a hungry animal is always very ferocious."

 "He isn't an animal and if he denies I'll feed him if that's necessary." She said, determination held in her eyes.

"Oh, really?" She turned round to see Shawn standing out of the tent with an unreadable expression.

"Shawn? What's wrong with you?" Rose asked anger laced in her voice, "Do you want to starve yourself to death?"

"What? What's wrong with me? Rose, don't you think you're the one who has changed just in one day? What have they done to you?" Shawn said coldly.

"What...why do you think they are doing something to me? Why are you acting like this?" Rose replied sternly. 

She tried not to yell but Shawn's careless side annoyed her, the side held carelessness, anger, annoyance, and lack of trust. This was not the Shawn she was used to being around, the Shawn that conquered a special place in her heart. She suddenly felt people gathering and she hated it. Why did they have to come here?

"Well, maybe they have cast a spell on you, why are you trusting everyone? Do you not remember what happened last time?" 

He took some steps forward and reached her then yelled again towering over her, "Why do they know more about you than me? Why do you trust them enough to tell them staff but not me? Why Rose, you go and trust every person and make mistakes and I have to pay the price? Why you don't see the badness in people?

 Do you think every person is just so innocent like you, huh? Why did you tell Arnold about your dreams who you knew less than 6 hours after your amnesia but every time I asked you, you ignored it? Why do you choose them over me? Why? 

Why do you trust them more than me when I always stick to you, I thought I deserved some more trust than them. But no, you told them but not me, why? Rose, I want answers."

Rose was shocked and for the first time, she felt intimated by those midnight black eyes that were always filled with concern, emotions, sweetness, and purity and so wide as the midnight sky which held mystery and peace, those eyes which always told her everything was going to be okay, those eyes in which she found comfort, like a family.

 For the first time, she was scared of his comforting face which always was filled with a huge grin no matter what, and his peaceful voice that always made her calm down.

For the first time, she was afraid of his newly shown personality which once always was so bubbly, and took her side no matter what.

For the first time, she felt unsafe with the same person she trusted, who felt like home. 

 For the first time, she regretted coming with them, going to their camp with Rick when he found her almost dead. She should have just been dead.

"What...has....happened to you? You're not the Shawn I know," Rose said feeling a lump in her throat, "You are right, I always make mistakes and you pay the price," her eyes couldn't hold back all those emotions anymore, so she let it fall, "I'm sorry," she sobbed.

Her tears suddenly brought him back to the reality, the reality of what he has done, guilt and regret took over his face, he gulped, "Rose... I.."

"No, just don't punish yourself for my mistakes, I'm sorry, please eat something." She left the place quickly not saying a word to any of them although Ethan tried to speak.

"Give her some space, Ethan," Murphy said sighing.

"If I was in the charge here, I would have double your punishment," Landon said angrily.

Rick didn't say anything just nodded his head in disappointment and then left the place. 

"What are you doing here still? The show's over," Eric yelled causing the other to go back to work.

 Shawn stood there shocked, he was not the one who gets triggered by the little things but this day was worst for him, that's why he said those hurtful things which he would never say to her. She might be so hurt. He was hurting too and his vision got blurry, he couldn't see anything else and his breath quickened.

 Suddenly he felt a  fist connecting with his jaw and he fell to the ground. The person grabbed him by the collar and punched him again and then again. He didn't know for how long it was but soon he felt the weight off of him and he could breathe again.

"What in the world you are doing, Arnold?" Rick asked gritting his teeth.

"Did you not see what he did? Did you forget so soon how he hurt Rose? Did you at least see the look on her face? That poor girl was scared, scared of her so-called best friend," he said mockingly the last part.

"We all saw, Arnold. But..." Rick started but Arnold cut him off.

"But I don't care, right?" Arnold said glaring at Shawn who was now coughing.

"But you don't get to beat him, he is in my team, do you even know why he is punished? Because he beat a person back in our camp, do you want the same thing?" Rick said angrily.

"I don't care. Unlike you, I care about Rose, I've known her my whole life and you just care about your team, clearly, you don't care about her, if you cared enough then you wouldn't defend the same person who hurt her," Arnold then left the place without listening to any other words.

A/N: Sorry, but I had to. People make mistakes, right? 

Anyways, what do you think about Arnold? What does he care about?

Share 

Comment 

Vote