3

after conversing with kaeya, you went back home with a filled stomach. to be honest, your mission didnt go as smoothly as you expected, there were already two people slightly suspicious of you.

now if you were to ask around about the anemo archon, they would be even more curious about you.

you were just lucky that the few fatui members that were in mondstadt didnt make a big deal out of you being here, you were undercover but they knew who you were.

with one feet in front of the other, you made your way back to your temporary home.

looking up, you noticed how clear the sky really was, the few lanterns that were turned on didnt shine much and left the dark blue night sky untouched, the stars were clear.

with your eyes fixated on the sky above, you got both your hands in the pockets of your long coat while making your way to your new place.

arriving in front of the door, you twisted the door handle and opened it. you stepped inside, shut the door behind you and got your coat off, ready to go to bed even though it was only 8PM.

with the coat in your hand, you walked up the stairs and went straight to your bedroom to change into a black tanktop accompanied with grey sweatpants.

after that was done, you brushed your teeth quickly and combed your hair, running the hairbrush through your (h/c) hair and putting it in a loose bun.

now laying under the covers of your new bed, you were ready to sleep. your journey to mondstadt had been a long one and you could finally sleep in a proper place.

you sighed and closed your eyes shut, letting the sleep overtake you. and so you fell asleep, shifting a few times to your side and such in the process.

going to bed early was important for the next day, you were about to go out around 6AM if you could since that would be a proper time for investigating, it meant no one would really be awake then and nobody would bother you.

seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours, before you knew it, you heard a familiar sound, indicating that you should wake up.

you groaned as you slowly opened your eyes, it was already morning and you had to get up.

propping your elbows behind you to sit up, you noticed something important. you sat up properly and double checked, turning your head to the window that was covered by a blue curtain to stop any light from coming into your room.

and then it hit you, it was still dark outside. you had your alarm set on 5.30AM, meaning you would wake up during sunrise.

you shifted your gaze from the window to your phone that was laying on the nightstand next to you, grabbing it you tried to turn if on. only to realize it was turned off. which meant your alarm didnt ring yet.

'then what was that noise earlie-' you thought to yourself but were interrupted as you heard the same exact sound again. it came from downstairs.

it was louder this time, probably because you were awake now. you figured it was someone knocking on your door, so you shifted to the edge of your bed.

with both hands on the mattress next to your thighs, you placed your weight on your feet and stood up. after fully standing up, you stopped right in your tracks as you noticed the clock on the wall.

your eyes narrowed as you read the time, "its three in the morning, what the fuck." you whispered to yourself in disbelief. you wondered who had the audacity to wake you up in the middle of the night and for what reason.

not caring that you were in your sleepwear, you approached the door and placed the key in the hole, twisting it to unlock it. the door then made a satisfying clicking sound, indicating that it was unlocked and so you opened it.

you were met with two people standing in front of your place, a man and a woman to be exact. one of them being the familiar man who you met earlier on when you were buying dinner.

the other woman was slightly standing behind him, but you could still see her, she had a gentle smile on her face and her green eyes looked kindly at you.

"oh my, you are a cutie." the woman pointed out as you made eye contact with her. she had a witch like hat on, a purple one just like your neighbor mona. but this woman had light brown hair instead of monas black hair.

you shifted your eyes from the woman to kaeya in front of you, who had his arms folded in front of his chest. you spoke up, "its litterally three in the morning." you stated the obvious in a monotonous way.

"can i help you two?" you continued as you folded your arms in front of you, mimicking kaeya slightly. the man in front of you chuckled at your reaction while looking downwards to you.

he spoke up, "we would like to ask you a few things at our headquarters." he said and looked straight into your eyes, trying to find any reaction in them.

you knew better than to panic, you knew this was bad but didnt know how bad yet. if they found out that you were the twelfth of the fatui, you could say goodbye to your easy life.

the knights of favonius would take you under their supervision whether you liked it or not, thats the least you wanted right now.

you made up your mind and spoke up, "no." and took a step back, ready to close the door. as you pushed the door to its frame, a hand stopped the motion and halted you.

it was kaeyas hand, he held the door in place and shoved it slightly open again, he put one foot of his on your doorstep and spoke up, "well." he sighed.

"you dont really have a choice." he continued and narrowed his eyes at you while still giving you a smile. he shifted to the side and the woman took a step forward.

she extended her arm towards you and saw the tips of her gloved finger tips slightly light up, "what a shame that this will be your first impression on me, darling." she said and gave you a small smile.

you knew what would come but didnt fight back with your vision. you would find out first why they suddenly wanted to take you to the headquarters.

the mission went first and you were still undercover, you saw purple streaks coming from the woman hand, aiming towards you and couldnt avoid them as she was standing too close to you.

the purple lighting streaks hit you on the side of your upper arm and you felt a shock through your entire body, your shoulders tensed up and you widened your eyes at the sudden new feeling.

your body wouldnt listen to your mind and felt yourself going limp, eyelids slowly closing as you fell backwards.

a hand quickly snaked around your waist from the side to prevent you from falling onto the hard floor.

kaeya took one more step towards you and tightened his grip around your waist with a single arm, pressing you softly against his chest in the proces.

in one swift motion he put his other arm under both your knees and tilted you up, holding you bridal style while still standing on your doorway.

he retracted and stood outside again, lisa closed your door and spoke up, "i do feel kind off bad..." she said softly, almost in a whisper while looking at your sleeping figure in kaeyas arms.

"were just following jeans order." he said and turned his body to start walking to the headquarters. "jean said we must use force if she resisted, did she not?" he added while looking forward.

with now both of them walking, he continued, "there is nothing to worry about." he told lisa and took a quick glance at her.

lisa sighed and relaxed slightly. she still felt bad for using her vision on someone who didnt want to be electrocuted, even though it was a mission from the acting grand master.

"lets just get this over with." she breathed out and walked alongside kaeya towards the headquarters of the knights of favonius, where jean would be waiting for their arrival.