Chapter Two

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Carmen asked, from where she was sitting on my bed

"Why wouldn't it be a good idea?" I retorted while applying a light coat of lipstick on my lips.

I looked at my appearance and smiled in approval. My dark brown hair that fell to my shoulders was straightened and my blush that coated my cheeks was quite visible. I put some eyeliner on my eyes to make them more visible and it really did make my dull brown eyes seem a little brighter. I was wearing a cute black top and jeans with my boots and my white jacket.

"This is the first time in two years that you're going out with a man. And that too, a man you met two days ago." Carmen answered and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I just feel like it's time for me to start dating again, and he was a very nice man." I smiled over my shoulder and she chucked.

"Alright, just be careful." She said and then glanced at my outfit. "Isn't it a bit casual?"

"He said to wear something casual and it's really cold outside today so this will have to do." I replied, running my hand over the soft and warm fabric of my shirt.

"I wish I could call you after to make sure it went alright but I have to drive for the next four hours and after that I'll barely have any connection or even time to contact you." She said with a worried frown.

"Carmen, there's no need to worry about me. I'll be fine." I assured her.

Carmen was a gorgeous dark skinned 25 years old who owns her own hairdressing salon which is very fitting since she has the most stunning hair I have ever seen and she's really good at styling it. She's an absolute angel and we became best friends when I visited her salon three years ago. But Carmen did have the tendency to worry quite a bit about the people she cared about.

Every year during the Christmas holidays she would go and visit her grandma who lived in a small house just outside of the city. Her grandmother did not have any internet connection saying it was unnecessary. She simply had a landline that did not need the internet.

"If something happens, call at my grandma's house, alright?" She said and I nodded in agreement.

"He's going to come pick you up?" She asked looking at the time.

"Yeah he said he'll text me when he's downstairs." I replied, sitting next to her on the bed.

"Are you nervous?" She asked me.

"Not really, I'm not sure how this is gonna go but even if it doesn't end well it won't bother me much since I did just meet him." I answered and she hummed.

My phone buzzed with a notification and I looked at it to see it was Roger saying he was here.

"Alright I'm going now, don't forget to lock the door on your way out." I told Carmen and then I hugged her tightly.