||Mess||

"Baby"

I hummed in response, but my focus was elsewhere. My ear twitched in contentment as I sat on Azrael's lap, my small frame embraced by his strong, muscular arms.

"You have to tell me what happened" My body immediately tensed and I was forced to withdraw from my dream-like state.

He ran his fingers down my back in comfort, letting his touch graze the side of my neck every so often, most likely admiring the scattered bruises that darkened my skin.

"I know you don't want to talk about it right now, but Rose...Why were you alone with my brother?Why would he do that to you?"

I whimpered as his chest rumbled in anger but I continued fiddling with the hair at the nape of his neck which seemed to subdue his raging heat.

He sighed when I still didn't respond.

Shifting me slightly, he positioned me to straddle his legs so that I was forced to look at him. His forefinger and thumb grasped my chin in a firm hold.

"Tell me."

Looking into his pretty eyes my bottom lip quivered. His expression was demanding but I didn't want to answer him. Saying those words...even thinking about what his brother had told me...it made me sick.

"I...Prince Ronan...he said that," I pressed my tongue to the roof of my mouth as I felt the familiar burn at the back of my throat. It ascended slowly, the sensation similar to the discomfort I would feel when lying in an open field on sharp blades of grass.

"He told your father that we're m-mates. T-that he's going to t-take me from you." I whined. "The King invited mama and I h-here for lunch. A-and he was so mean Azy, I just don't u-understand why he would say all of that."

I sniffled, not even realizing a few tears had fallen until I felt the rough pad of a thumb wipe the wetness from my cheeks.

"Don't cry." He murmured.

I sniffled again but furrowed my brows when he offered no response to what I shared. He only held me, his fingers drawing rhythmic circles into my thigh, which made me squirm from the ticklish sensation.

"My father and I have a...strained relationship. He's made it quite obvious which son he prefers, who he wishes to precede him. But I didn't think he would go this far."

His hand cupped my cheek and I leaned into his touch, peering up at him from under my lashes.

"To take you from me..."

I watched as a dark shadow seemed to shade his expression—it unsettled me just a bit. He reminded me of a cloud, but not the white and fluffy kind. He was a grey cloud, close friends with stormy winds and rain; still soft to the touch, but if you poked him hard enough he would explode, unleashing his chaos.

"He would have to kill me. And he and I both know he wouldn't be capable of doing that."

I swallowed nervously, an uncomfortable feeling stirring in my tummy. I didn't want to even think about that happening. Azrael being...killed.

I whimpered and buried my face in his neck once more, my thumb instinctually finding its way to my mouth as a source of comfort.

"Don't say things like that." I mumbled. "I don't like it."

I felt the hand on my thigh push the material of my dress up so that he could lay his palm on my bare back.

My face heated, knowing that my pink panties were on display and I was sitting right on top of him.

"I'm sorry little Rose. You shouldn't be experiencing any of this. My family drama has interfered far too much with our relationship. If things were normal I would've had you already and many times over. It would just be me and you, sharing laughs and bringing you pleasure. There would be no need for worry, I could have all of you and we could just be."