22

George's POV

George went to leave his room that evening. He opened his door, but it was locked.

"Punz?" George called, "Why is my door locked?"

"Like I said before, I'm just following orders. I'm sorry, Prince George," Punz replied.

"What?! You can't just lock me in here!" George shouted.

Punz didn't respond and George knocked his fist against the door. He sighed angrily and ran his fingers through his hair.

"How long do I have to be in here?" George asked.

He was worried. Surely his father wouldn't keep in his room forever... right?

"Until King Schlatt gives me the order to let you leave."

Punz's muffled voice was concerned and unsure. George groaned and flopped on his bed.

At least while he was stuck in here, he could figure out a plan to get Dream out of this awful castle.

~1 month later~

George pounded at the door for what seemed like the millionth time.

"Punz!" he called, his voice hoarse, "Please let me out!"

Punz didn't respond. George sobbed and sat on the floor, leaning his back to the door. He didn't know how long he'd been in this stupid room, but it felt like forever.

Punz had supplied him with ample food and water and George had a bathroom connected to his room, but George was lonely.

Much more lonely than before he met Dream.

George had spent the first few days in confusion and frustration. After that, he spiraled through stages of hatred, loneliness, rage, depression, and boredom.

He was constantly worrying about Dream. Was he dead? Alive? If he was alive, who knew what cruel things George's father did to him.

George thudded the back of his head against the door. He couldn't be mad at Punz. It wasn't his fault, but a big part of him hated his guard for listening to his orders.

No one should be kept in a room like this, it was inhumane.

George groaned loudly. The sun was setting for the millionth time. He was starting to hate them. The sunset just meant another day gone by. Another day where he accomplished nothing.

George couldn't pick the lock to his door, because there was a guard there constantly. He couldn't climb out the window, because there were guards on the ground below him as well.

George felt like a prisoner. And he was.

That's all he ever felt like. The last time he felt free was with Dream, but even then, he was forced to be there.

As the sun continued to set, George's eyes grew heavy. All he ever did was sleep and yet he was still tired.

Still empty. He didn't remember the last time he laughed. Or smiled for that matter. Even Techno's company would be better than this... this empty atmosphere around him. This void.

He snapped to attention when he heard muffled voices outside his door. George pressed his ear to the door and strained to listen.

He couldn't make out what they were saying, but he heard a thud. It sounded like a body hitting the ground. George backed away from the door as it flew open.

Quackity stood in front of him with wide eyes, "Let's go!"

"Quackity?" George asked.

He looked past him and saw Punz laying on the ground, unconscious.