Chapter 2

"I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible and when I leave, you will finally understand why storms are named after people."

Chapter 2

Ethan sprinted through the woods his pace was fast, he wanted to put as many miles possible between him and that cursed cabin. His legs were weak and he was so hungry that he was sure that he would faint if he kept running like this, but nevertheless that did not stop him. He was determined, determined to leave all of it behind and that's why he put as much pressure as he could on his feeble limps.

Not sure what happened next, but Ethan's eye vision became blurred and he found himself bumping his head in a huge tree. The impact was painful and strong, Ethan's body jerked away from the impact before falling on the ground, dead leaves proved out to be a nice cushion but his butt was sore and his eyes were open.

He wondered that how did he manage to fall in this particular area where there was a small hole in this dark forest from where you can see the night sky. The light from the stars were making his surrounding illuminate with joy, he wish that maybe he could just focus all his energy on the stars so he might forget about his extremely hungry stomach. But his body protested and Ethan knew that he had to get up or else, he was afraid that if he did fall asleep he might never wake up.

Ethan managed to stand up but he still needed support in order to stand straight. Lighting a fire was way too risky, he imagined if he did such a thing he might probably find helicopters flying over his ass in the morning. But he still needed to hunt in order to feed himself, lucky for him all those teen years he spent being depressed in his locked bedroom watching man vs. wild might finally pay off.

He scavenged his surroundings to find things that might help him. He used his shirt to create a trap and with the help of some fancy wood work and threads which he shredded from his shirt, and just like that his trap was set now all he had to do was wait, and hope that a very unfortunate squirrel bypasses his trap.

The temperature was pretty low, so he used the dead leaves to cover up his body; the upper half of his body was pretty much naked since he used his shirt to set the trap. He looked up at the sky and imagined Rachel watching over him, he blew a kiss in sky's direction.

"Good night love." And with that delusional thought he fell asleep.

The next morning, the first thing that Ethan did was check his trap, and tears of happiness escaped his eyes when he found a squirrel in it. He cooked up his meal properly since it was daytime now, and then he put on his dirty shirt on his naked upper half. You have to understand that this was pretty hard on him since he always worried so much about being clean and all.

He travelled on his foot for twelve more hours in this never ending sea of darkness. He was almost about to give up, after all what was the point why was he even running? So what if the cops caught him. He can always try to explain himself to them. Because in both murders he had no choice, his brother would have probably shot him in his face if he hadn't put that axe in his head. And in Rachel's case... hot tears blinded him and blurred his vision, just thinking about her made him weak, he never wanted her to die at least not in the end and watching her die in his arms was probably the most toughest thing he has ever done in his life.

He pinched his eyes to rid himself from these useless tears, and when he opened his eyes again he almost didn't believe them. No this can't be! I must be hallucinating Ethan thought to himself. He saw a road just half a mile away from him which was hidden by thick trees. He started running towards his new destination with all his power, and then suddenly the thought of going back to civilization hit him, it was scary but he was willing to take this chance.