Chapter 6: Mount Natagumo

It was a normal day, and the four Demon Slayers were still at the Wisteria residence. A doctor had just come in and check them all. "All better," said the doctor. 

"Finally," Y/N said while grabbing his ribs. 

Soon, Y/N and Tanjiro's crows flew in. "What'd got for us now?" Y/N asked the crows. 

"It is north, northeast!" Tanjiro's crow said. 

"Yes, you're next mission is to the northeast!" Y/N's crow added. "The three of you must go to Mt. Natagumo!" 

The four of them suit up and leave the Wisteria residence. "Always live your lives in a fashion where you can always hold your heads up high," the old lady that had taken care of them said. 

"We will," Y/N told her. "And thank you for everything." 

They now leave and carry on to their mission. Y/N had the lead since he wanted to get to the demons as fast as possible. "Hey!! Is this a race?!" Inosuke asked him. "I won't let you win!!!!" 

Inosuke proceeds to speed up and catches up with Y/N. "Jeez, you're clueless," Y/N told him. "I just want to get to the mountain as soon as possible so I can kill the demons." 

Y/N begins to run even faster to get away from Inosuke. "THEN WHY DID YOU JUST SPEED UP?!?!?!?!" the boar headed slayer asked before chasing after him. 

"Hey, guys, wait up!" Tanjiro said. 

"Yeah, please?!" Zenitsu asked.

A few hours go by and night had fallen upon the sky. The Demon Slayers had reached the mountain and were looking at it. "Everyone, we need to pause here!" Zenitsu told his partners. 

"Why?" Tanjiro asked him. 

"I'm scared, ok?!" he answered. "We're so close to that mountain now!!!" 

"You're acting pretty weird if you ask me," Inosuke told him. 

"WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ME WEIRD?!" Zenitsu snapped back. "Are you telling me that you aren't getting any spooky vibes from that mountain?!" 

"Admittedly, I am," Y/N answered. "But that doesn't mean we sit here and do nothing." 

"Yeah, we aren't like you, odd duck," Inosuke told Zenitsu. 

"I am not an odd duck!! I am completely normal!!! It's you guys that are the strange ones!!" Zenitsu retorted. 

(I keep having trouble writing Zenitsu. My hands have to sit and pause mid-writing his name so I don't screw up anything).

Suddenly, Tanjiro turns to the mountain. "Smell something?" asked Y/N. 

"I did and I don't know what," he replied. 

He takes off to find the source of the smell. Inosuke and Y/N follow him while Zenitsu stayed behind. They eventually found a fellow Demon Slayer laying on the ground not moving. He looks at them and begins to cry. 

"Help me... please... help me," he said in a voice that had lost all hope. 

Y/N looked at him closely and noticed something attached to him. Tanjiro nearly runs at him but Y/N stuck his arm out saying "don't!" 

"What? Why?" 

The next thing they knew, the Demon Slayer was pulled by something and back into the forest. "PLEASE, DON'T LET ME DIE!!!!" he said before disappearing. 

"That's why," Y/N answered. 

Again, the horrible scent strikes Tanjiro's nose. He balls his hand into a fist and says "I'm going in."